Membership badge RZM M1/6

Thanks Received
Hi Guys

What does everyone think of this one ?

Many thanks

P

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hi panther, i think its a good karl flensler pin? jmo

hers one to compaire

Attachments

hi panther, i think its a good karl flensler pin? jmo

hers one to compaire

The correct name is Karl Hensler located in Pforzheim. Many names of the M1/ list are wrong because on some major Englisch language forums they are spelled incorrect.

Regards, Wim

Shame, poor old Karl Hensler, no Maker has had his good Name abused as much as Karl has, the company is destined to go down in History as anything but the proper name :blink: Here are a few shots of where your badge was made. You will note the gateway post, and where the Original KH sign used to be attached, this original sign still exists :001_cool: You will note from the pictures of the maps, they were lucky, and just avoided being wiped out in the Febuary 1945 Allied terror bombing campaign. As for the rest of Pforzheim, well they say about 18,000 were killed that night, but in-depth research shows a figure double that at least ! One of my favorite makers, and no doubt a sub-contractor as well who made half finished products for other RZM makers.
Pictures 4 and 5 show the Original Luftschutz doors :001_smile:

Attachments

Sometimes the guy dint know how to spell his own name :w00t: note the backwards "S" in Hensler. Even into the RZM period there are badges from him with complete Reverse RZM logos, and reverse letters. I am certain that he was a big Sub-contractor, and after talking to the wife of a period RZM maker, who still runs the company to this day making badges, i am sure that i even know why this happened as well :biggrin1: but that is another story, and not really for this forum.

Attachments

Who has the sign Jo? I'm clearly hoping that you'll say that the company kept it and gave it to you on that visit :001_smile:

Who has the sign Jo? I'm clearly hoping that you'll say that the company kept it and gave it to you on that visit
HA ! no such luck. It is stored away, along with many other little goodies. There is a guy who lives round the corner, who was working there, and at Robert Becks (RZM M1/39) and who for some reason, just happens to have a lot of "things" from there
Getting into a period RZM makers is one thing, hard to near impossible today, aaand trying to get them to talk about the past is even harder. I am lucky in that i have very good friends in Pforzheim, one of them has a sister who works at Ferdinand Wagner just up the road, and through her, doors have opened just a crack, and i have been able to get into a good few period makers. Some have rebuilt totally, and don't mind talking about the past as there is no connection anymore with them and their present company, others, who i wont mention, just act like they don't have the faintest idea what you are on about, even though their basement is full of the original dies and equipment ! :mad2::mad2: It`s my favorite town, only 3 hours drive across the border, and surprisingly, there is still loads left over from the TR era on Buildings, eagles, statues etc, even though Pforzheim was 80% wiped out in Feb. 1945.

See pic, the entrance to the Postal dept. today, dont that look just like the entrance to a KZ ?? still with Original Adler over the arch.
The newly build Library there, is from Original plans by Albert Speer :w00t:

Attachments

Cheers for the info Jo. Very interesting. Nice eagle too. Reminds me of a huge mad bird (on TR Ruins somewhere I think...) that went around the corner of a building.

Back