Miniature (14mm) HJ Membership stickpin - microanalysis

Thanks Received
I know there is a thread on these here, because i posted on it a few months ago, but cant find it? anyway, i have a small unmarked one that i looked at in detail.... I posted this info on the WRF, but will do so here as well for the benefit of those here who dont visit there.

After taking pictures of one this morning, i saw a problem. Even though my cameras are top-dog for the job, they still only enlarge a 12mm stickpin face to a certain size, without blurring everything. And even though the following images are ok-ish, they still really dont say much about the authenticity.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

With a few magnified images, i can already see what i want to, real messing, real and honest patina on both the glass enamel as well as boundaries/rim/lips.

I could also take 50 images of the center under high magnification, join them all together, and see what that part of the badge is telling me.

I could also, in order to demonstrate to others, take 300 images under magnification of the entire face. This would take a day to do, & piece together, and the result will be an image that measures 26`500 x 17`350 , 145MB. Too large for the net, but i can resize this to 2000. Then we end up with a larger image, but in reality you are looking at the whole face at once under magnification.

Or, we resize the massive image to around 8000 x 5000 and we take single screen shots of certain areas. And we see the honest patina, the honest wear and tear in the correct places we would expect to find it on, on items that there were worn in the manner that a stickpin was. We see the correct glass enamel and the patina on it, we see in fact, that there is still a great deal of silver wash left, allied over the correct messing base material that we would like to find for this period, mid 1933-1934. We see that the planchet, albetheblighter so tiny, was stamped under dies created in the same fashion as we find under magnification on other HJ badges, small stickpins etc etc from this period.

With these images, or, under very high magnification, dare i say it? a forensic examination, they show us everything that we need to see on a genuine item from this period, worn in this manner, and shows us not a single negative feature that is observed on fakes, repros, fantasy badges...etc.

Click on the images to enlarge, it may take a while, but it is still better than waiting for a 20`000 sized image to load.

So really, the images are telling us that, yes, i was made in 1933, i have been there and done it! And anyone who would like to say anything to the contrary, or think up some idea of how they (or even i) could recreate a honest patina like this, on such a small item - to fool, well they need to question their motives for even attempting this. I dont mind calling this one a nice original now

Attachments

Back