Nskk pin and shield pin

Thanks Received
Well I have a red nskk pin used for drivers marked with m1/35 on the back, I also have this shield pin with stars and nazi symbol in middle I would like to verify authenticity

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

The NSKK Kriegskraftfahrerin pin has the 'coffin' pin base so that will be a fake. I don't know what that other badge is.

Ok so what would an original badge have? And why does it look so original compared to others? Because I've looked at originals and they have the same "coffin look and same number on back so how can you be so sure if its fake?

Hi,

Search the forum for "coffin" or "Otto Hoffmann" and you'll find info on why those pin bases are never a good sign on the back of a badge. They were not used by makers during the TR. The membership badge you asked for opinions on has that same coffin pin base and that badge is a fake too unfortunately.

So what would I look for on originals? Or should I stick to coins? And patches like could you refer me to any good websites that sell authentic items such as newspapers or any items that ARE AUTHENTIC? And is there any way to see if the pin with nazi sign and Shield shape real or fake? And what's chances of my coin being fake? I looked at buying this eagle ring from him as well but now scared to chance it so is there any websites that sell authentic or ways to tell difference of real and fake besides coffin look? He also had ss pin black with the white lightning bolt ss' so how would I tell difference? Should I trust any coffin back to ANY pin?

Lots of the dealers, even the bad ones, have authentic stuff. What I would always advise is to post pics/questions about items here before you buy. The forums are a very good safeguard against being caught by the lazy and incompetent sellers out there.

ANY badge with a coffin pin is extremely likely to be a fake. The only thing that could possibly be said is that a coffin pin was attached to an authentic badge that had lost the original pin. However, that's unlikely to say the least.

OR could be the POLICE NORTH STAR pin

Never seen such a pin. Do you have any images of it?

The stars on Cruthird's shield pin are the Southern Cross, and no doubt it is a Reichscolonialbund pin. If it's original, I can't tell.

Because I've looked at originals and they have the same "coffin look and same number on back
No, i am afraid you have not. Both are lousy fakes. The red badge is supposed to be a Female NSKK drivers badge, but not made in Germany, made in Florida a few years ago. The RKB badge is also a lousy fake. There are no originals with a coffin pin plate simply because the coffin attachment is a post war invention. The number is also a bogus one. How can you say that you have "Looked at originals...." when (judging from you posts) you clearly have no idea what an original is?

I suggest that you show these non-HJ related items on a general forum like War Relics, or Wehrmacht awards forum, or WTG, or GIMC, or or or..... The members here will not have the expertise to answer all these non-HJ related item questions, and to be honest, i dont think anyone here wants to see the forum clouded with this bogus bric-a-brac.

Back