Opinions needed on this zinc, painted HJ membership badge

BDM

Thanks Received
An early DRGM painted zinc HJ membership badge. What do you think?
Thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hallo Nick,
dieses wurde mir zum Kauf angeboten,und ich bin da echt nicht der Experte.
Ich glaube habe aber schon ohne Plate gesehen.
Darum frage ich hir nach.

i would think late war, being zinc and painted. Early would have been much higher quality.

late war

Painted would normally indicate a late-war piece as the early badges were enamel but DRGM? I'm calling 'fake' on this one.

I agree , a late HJ pin would have an RZM code .:001_cool:
It looks good from the front :001_tt1:, however ; from the backside it tells a different story . In my opinion FAKE :Cry: . Do not buy :mad2:.

all the late painted pins i have seen have had a pin plate so im with garry and joe,
also the fact its pretending to be late war so why the hell has it got the early dgrm on it

Hi ist
DRGM - Deutsches Reichs Gebrauchs Muster - German of Reich of use sample

there is earlier pieces, and not late ones.
Since DRGM before the seizure of power was used.

Andy

Hi ist
DRGM - Deutsches Reichs Gebrauchs Muster - German of Reich of use sample

there is earlier pieces, and not late ones.
Since DRGM before the seizure of power was used.

Andy

The HJ badge shown here is Enamel painted Asian Rubbish.

When you take the introduction date of these into account, and the material used then, this was long before the switch to Inferior metals, even before the clamp downs on Metallwarenfabriken in 1935 (Messing-verwendungsverbot [inland] August 1935 amongst others after that). So the possibility that a New badge on the market, made using Old German markings, would be made in inferior metals is, imho, Zero !
So apart from the fact that it`s butt-ugly, it does not fit in with history, and therefore cant be considered to be a 1932-1934 production.

Not to mention the fact, that any small Period Enamel badge, marked with the abbreviation DRGM is a very, very rare item. (i am referring only to official NS items, and the branches that they controlled since the Zeugmeisterei days.) I know of only 1 original Official NS badge with the markings DRGM, and they are on the pin plate, and not incorporated into the die.

The only straw you would have to grasp onto if you wanted this to be real, i guess you could say it was a late war production, by some maker who used an incorrect reverse die etc.. But we know that's not true, the reverse die was made for this badge, and there were makers who were issued a M1 RZM number late into the war for this exact purpose, like Klein & Quenzer who received the M1 number M1/185 in late 1944 ! and who made Zinc HJ badges marked according to RZM regulations RZM M1/185, and not DRGM.

Back