"Originalmuster" HJ membership badge

Thanks Received
Hello

Interesting specimen of the HJ membership badge, MPA for Material Prüfungs Amt :
(private collection)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

WOW,
Where do you get such pieces? Really a beauty.:001_tt1:
Congrats with such a nice find.
:good:
Wizardelf
:belgium

5 41 and 5 301. The disc just does not make any sense? numbers individually hand stamped, with wide gaps .. for what? surely a label, as was shown in a post on a HJ Musterstück from the RZM, would be a better medium to communicate some message from either the MPA to the seller or visa versa.. without having to resort to the primitive, and tedious hand-stamping of letters into a zinc disc? Not quite sure whether to laugh or not? is it just me who finds this ..at least...Odd?

Seems to be the same kind of system as on my only MPA piece. Just different numbers of course. I've no idea what the numbers represent.

Attachments

as far as I know the first cyphers are the month and year of booking the item
into the administration from the Materialprüfungsamt; the second number
is the number of registering. This was once told to me by a German collector,
about 35 years ago. If it is not correct don't blame me, but the German who told it.

But anyway the first numbers do make sence: 5 41 (May 1941 - its surely is known
as a Nachprobe), the other one 11 36, being November 1936.

Thx Wim, and those that have the MPA plombe but dont have any disc?

Strange that by 1940 they still had not worked out that a hand written label would be easier and quicker, and of course have saved on materials :lol:
I just had a quick look at a few dealers sites, and can find 15 of these tagged and disc-ed items up for sale now..mostly described as RZM Müsterstücke ..... i image that if you had the "zange" and some string, as well as a few round dics, it could raise the price considerably on normal items.

The (style) M1/ code on the above HJ badge looks way earlier than 1941, although i was not making HJ badges in 1941 so wouldn't know, just the same as i guess you cant be sure if the string and disc have not been added later :sad:
Do you think.. if i bought the Picture below, its quiet cheap.. i could attach it to a rare HJ-Gausieger badge, add a disc and anybody would know 100% that i did it? :001_cool: well yes, because i just said so i guess...lol
Always the skeptic :sad:

Attachments

"Strange that by 1940 they still had not worked out that a hand written label would be easier and quicker, and of course have saved on materials".

Well it is easy why they didn't. The system with RZM cardboards labels was meant to be used for the so-called Standardmuster items, the item to
which conditions the others had to be made by manufacturers!

"Strange that by 1940 they still had not worked out that a hand written label would be easier and quicker, and of course have saved on materials".

Well it is easy why they didn't. The system with RZM cardboards labels was meant to be used for the so-called Standardmuster items, the item to
which conditions the others had to be made by manufacturers!

Hi Wim, you know, these "probe" are in-print as Standartmuster? did you know? and offered for sale as such as well.

Back