Otto Hoffman HJ membership badge on Kai Winkler site

Thanks Received
found this on winkler's latest update, how are these things still being sold by the big dealers its a joke

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Lakesidetraders also STILL have one for sale, which means... if he does not know that it`s a fake, then what DOES he know about them? after all, the HJ diamond is what the likes of him, and others like that DD harris chap, use as PROOF that certain HJ knives are real... you hear it all the time, you can see videos of both of these HJ daggers gurus on U-Toob parroting off filth like: If the diamond wiggles that means the knife is real, or if the diamond is gold colored that means it is good. SO....... if he slips up on the most common fake HJ badge like these Hoffmann ones, that is, to me at least, a clear indication that he does not know his onions... This is why i will never rope any of those names into an appraisal for HJ knives, or use them as anything other than: Not knowing what they are doing, or well knowing what they are doing and deliberately trying to sell rubbish, like Tom Wittmann has done now twice in six months, change history and try and fool people who cant read. (It`s a fact that in America, 15% of the population are illiterate, maybe those are his customers? )

Yes, indeed a joke. He (Winkler) was better in the past I think. No excuses for that Lakeside badge like MWF says

Last edited:
Yes, indeed a joke. He was better in the past I think.
They all were, and are all going downhill. Sammlermarktnord has gone the same way as BECK MILITARIA, Lakesidetraders are listing more and more fake badges, Collectorsguild too, Wittmann reinvents history to suit his illiterate and blind customers, Johnson is also going downhill faster than an earwig..... ?? thats a good one, Earwigs, the lot of them..and what do they all say once they get rolling? EAR WE GO !!! Seems like the "Snyder" way of trading has caught on.....
All that needs to be said is: Pfui Teufel :001_tt2:

Perhaps collectors need to consider the abundant use of the phrase "buyer beware". You see it everywhere and of course, it makes perfect sense but in a way all we are doing is saying "dealers, we know that you put obvious fakes up for sale but you won't catch me". The problem, of course, is that they might not catch "us" but they will totally ruin someone else's day eventually. This isn't a game and being hit with a fake shouldn't be viewed as a rite of passage.

Hi guys hope you are all well.
Well Otto Hoffman has just marched into the front door of Hiscoll and demanded it be sold .It must of had a gun or he would not have done that lol.....
What joke ........
Regards Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the description for the badge at Hiscol. Someone should notify Mario, this fake is really an exception at his site regarding H.J. items. He normally stocks good items from what I have seen.

"This is a very nice example of an enamelled, HJ (or 'Hitlerjugend') membership lapel-pin ie. cap-badge, being an example which is nicely - and actually unusually! - marked with a patent-pending (ie. 'Ges.Gesch.'-) and/or producers- mark (that reads: 'Otto Hoffmann'), in overall very nice, and IMO only minimally used ie. worn, condition. The tiny badge - which is truly bright-red coloured and is somewhat 'darkened' caused by normal age - is as stated neatly marked with a patent-pending (ie. 'Ges.Gesch.'-) and/or producers- mark (that simply reads: 'Otto Hoffmann'): it is void of an 'RzM'-marking. The pin was never cleaned (as stated is some dust and darkened age-patina present and visible) but the pin shows no enamel damage whatsoever (it was most certainly never cleaned). This is the version having a regular 'pin-/catch set-up which is naturally fully functional. A nice litte youth related item: hard to find a better and nicer example for a better price!
Code: 31068Price: 35.00 EUR"

I know. :swiss I have only ever seen one "questionable" item on his site before - the HJ Torfeinsatz award - apart from that, it`s all gold.
:amen::pound:

and he was cohortin Otto back in 2012 also as per Jo's 2012 post on another 6-page Otto Hoffmann thread!

Hiscoll ... €40.- grab it while it`s hot.... as descrip. says: Quote
"hard to find a better and nicer example"

Attachments

Back