Painted Deutsches Jungvolk membership badge?

but paul you have to realise these late war pices where painted by the old ladies, as they where the only ones left what with all the old men and kids drafted into the fighting, and you know how shakey their hands can be , bless em :001_rolleyes: :pound:

I disagree, looks like it was made by the living dead..(on a bad day) . so possibly around mid to late 1945 to early 2013 :)

Thumbs up alright.. .these are what i mean, and the more you do a concentrated search for them, the more you will find them, Weitzes, Winkler, Warbooty, etc etc... these two are from Spencer Victory.. only 75 a pop?

is there a chance this badge does exist as a correct example. Have found a dealer with some that are higher quality from a vet clear out in the USA some 10 years ago ?? Talking about the green shield badges JO

PAUL

here are pics of the badges claimed to be from a buy over 10 years ago in the US. Would appreciate an opinion JO or others with knowledge of this particular badge

:canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Gasp :violin: LINK..... fake zinc DJ badge declared as genuine.......

There are so many errors in that thread....

"These members pins wire(sic) eliminated in early 1933 with the introduction of the HJ Diamond membership pin...." No they weren't. Far from it actually.

"Also came in "non-enamel"..... Interesting choice of words but the notion of a zinc, second-pattern DJ membership badge makes absolutely no sense when you look at the history.

"On June 23RD 1934 Reichsjugendführer Baldur von Schirach introduced the HJ Golden Honor Badge" Not on that date he didn't.

Thats how most of this NS stuff has been "debated" and "shown for many a decade, just one collectors collection, with a few words, and everyone gasps at how great they are without bothering to even question.
Understandable though, because once you "question", you are branded as a trouble maker..
Getreu dem motto: Dont rock the boat, eat your greens, and just Lamb-along with the rest.. questions will not be answered!

True. I really want to comment on that thread but I'd have to break my vow to myself never to use my account over there again after the Colin Davie Diva incident.

Edit: I broke it :)

True. I really want to comment on that thread but I'd have to break my vow to myself never to use my account over there again.
Dont bother, they obviously have their minds made up already, and as we have seen from the countless DJ/RPT/BDM knives .... the general consensus takes precedence over logic. This rubbish is not "discussed" on that forum, it is simply shown, and hands are clapped, so any post that does not contain clapping hands, will be taken as offensive, abrasive... you will be accused of throwing stones Gary, not worth it.

It reminds me of the early "collectors" books like Jack Pia etc.. where simply images are shown with a caption. And to be honest, i really do believe that the vast majority of collectors today want exactly this, to see a picture and to have hands clapping. Info is too much, and hard to digest by many.

here are pics of the badges claimed to be from a buy over 10 years ago in the US. Would appreciate an opinion JO or others with knowledge of this particular badge

:canada1
Paul, another one of these just sold on MILI321, for....€25.- ?

Attachments

Paul i have never had one of these zinc badges, so cant say anything about them except that i personally would not want one. An enameled badge i have sadly never had the opportunity to buy. But the sales price of €25.- leads me to think that others also think the same way.

Paul i have never had one of these zinc badges, so cant say anything about them except that i personally would not want one. An enameled badge i have sadly never had the opportunity to buy. But the sales price of €25.- leads me to think that others also think the same way.

of course there is no doubt about these painted post war pieces of junk hope no one here has wasted their money. :canada1

Painted small badges would have made their debut around 1942, but not introduced across the board from then, it would depend on stock still around, as well as demand for each item...and areas etc. In Austria for example messing enameled badges were still being made in 1943, for example the multitude of lesser known clubs as well as shooting badges.
So theoretically both Versions, i.e painted and enamel messing being available at the same time, yes sure, even produced at the same time, just in different areas, BUT NO WAY before the outbreak of war. Possibly as early as mid war, 1942-but also in areas like Austria and in parts of Germany much later, 1943-1944.

Unfortunately there are only announcements and mentioning of the lesser quality metals, Cupal, and others in the UM that pertain to the LDO, i.e awards and not small badges that fell under the RZM. There is mention of the meetings that took place to talk about saving War essential metals, even with a representative from the RZM being present, that date to 1940, but this is too early for messing and enamel to stop. (but does coincide with the change over from messing coins in 1,2,5 and 10 pfennig denominations in mid 1940) The transition was also not immediate with small badges, you will first see a transition from messing enameled to other materials like Eisen and Messing-plated eisen being used, then you see at the beginning of the zinc period in some areas, makers using old stock, ie: eisen and messing, but painting them, then after, towards the end, you find zinc in all kinds of quality, i.e Monkey metals, good quality, or feinzink etc... unless of course no amount of certain items were needed during the transition, and only a big order went in in 1943 or so for badges that were not made since 1939 or so...

There has been a huge increase in fake zinc painted badges since about 10 years now, (possibly to do with the Internet) but thats not important, what is, is that i have a method that will be able to tell you with 99,999% certainty if a painted, or as was the case with many but not all badges, painted and then lackiert (varnished) badges - are original or not, its very simple, yet very effective.

If these DJ badges were allowed to be worn as a kind of Traditionsabzeichen later on, then it might explain why some were made in the mid 1940s. To say that these painted zinc badges were available before the war, is something that i totally disagree with. Maybe there is such an announcement in the RJF or similar? from 1942-1943?

Garry, it is being offered by a good buy, but he also has the three painted HJ Gold badges up for sale too, which i dont accept as genuine.
I know this is an old post and I’m not that sussed when it comes to using forums but what the hell, I have to ask! Am I right to assume that you would need the zinc painted badge in hand to see if it’s genuine or would a photo do? If this is as naive a question as it sounds to me please forgive me 🤔

On the matter of zinc DJ membership badges I don't think anyone will be able to make a coherent case for their existence during the TR unless they were somehow to find period proof in the form of primary documentation. This is a badge that had lost its original purpose many years before zinc badges began to appear and that is a provable fact. There was no market for these badges at that point so with that in mind no amount of examination of a painted zinc DJ membership badge is going to lead anywhere in my opinion.

On the matter of zinc DJ membership badges I don't think anyone will be able to make a coherent case for their existence during the TR unless they were somehow to find period proof in the form of primary documentation. This is a badge that had lost its original purpose many years before zinc badges began to appear and that is a provable fact. There was no market for these badges at that point so with that in mind no amount of examination of a painted zinc DJ membership badge is going to lead anywhere in my opinion.
Gary, I can’t help but think your last comment was a subtle way of telling me that the badge I was thinking about has nothing to do with the post I had a question about 😂

Oops, I thought you were commenting on zinc DJ badges here hence my comment. Nothing else was implied I assure you :)

Back