Relic HJ membership badges

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I was out with the metal detector the other day and thought I'd try the place where I found a couple of HJ badges some years ago. Lots of .22 in this area and it seems to have been used a lot by the local HJ. Anyway, about 4 metres from the place where I found one of the membership pins I pulled out a 26 shoulder strap button. I found the 18 button and the party pin a couple of months back (also in this area) so, here's a pic of my tiny TR relic collection :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Neat finds Garry. I can imagine the boys getting in trouble after losing the member badges and having to tell the parents they needed replacements.

to be honest there must be so much stuff under the ground over there just waiting to be found, i would love being out there every weekend just have to avoid any explosives lol

Thanks for the comments guys. That particular area has been really productive and I've made some really nice finds from bronze age right up to the Cold War period when it was used by the Brits as a training area for a short period. Hardly any modern crap like foil and ring-pulls though which is why I keep going back but the finds are getting few and far between now. Yes, munitions are a big problem of course and I've given bags full of it to bomb disposal over the years.

One of many :)

Attachments

holy crap Garry!!!

that there would have put me off for good lol

thought this would be illegal in germany for that reason!

theres got to have been some accidents over the years some old boy digging his potatoes and then BANG!

take care man we need you and your knowledge here!!

Back