Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    i dont like it shows a lot of things that i would not expect to find on an original

The one that Pat shows in post 4 is definitely a fake with the main giveaway being the 'classic' coffin-shaped pin base

Personally, I don't like it. Generally looks to be lacking in quality / precision and then there's the issue of the RZM mark. Ultimately, too many causes for concern IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    The one that Pat shows in post 4 is definitely a fake with the main giveaway being the 'classic' coffin-shaped pin base
    thats intresting regarding that site,few questionable items sold through there, and nothing ever said, i mean on the forums etc and i have also seen alot of people recomend it and that

Another thing to look at.

Notice the distinct upsidedown "U" shape holding the pin in the plate? This always worries me on pre 1945 badges.

I have never yet found proof whether this style plate was used or not during the period, but I certainly do not like to see it on badges. It does turn up quite often on questionalble items.....

Cheers
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Also, wasn't this badge phased out before the RZM started stamping things, therefore making it impossible to have an RZM stamp????
    See thread here The RZM began marking requirements in 1935 - please review... - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Just found this thread. The information on the linked WAF thread is wrong. The badge posted is a post war Fake, the RZM mark along with ONLY ges.gesch is not Period and not found on any period badges. The RZM mark can indeed be found on these, as per the RZM 1934 rules, this badge is even mentioned as
    "now requiring the RZM logo"
    in a 1934 announcement paper..cant think off my head exactly what one, but will add it later when i get home)

I agree not good. Does not match the period originals that I know of. Also, I was burned by one of these myself. I believe these came out of the seventies or eighties. Of course I could be wrong. Not the first time.

funny after all this time I just noticed another detail I do not like on my example shown that being the solder oozing out from the pin plate something that would never be permitted to exit the factory

Hi having only a bad rzm and ges gesch together gets a thumbs down from me.

That RZM marking is more ugly than my sister,trust me thats bad.Regards Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast