RZM No 25 HJ membership badge

Thanks Received
Hi there guys.
Take a look at this ,well i may be wrong but.The spotting in the red loks to wrong along with the markings with a crap RZM stamp.Just dont like the look of it .Your thoughts please.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Early 1934 to around mid 1935 markings...typical attachment for that Town and time period.
Before the MA/ code some makers and sub-contractors used either N°, Nr, or just plain N as a prefix, most used no prefix. After the MA/ (which is not known on small enamel badges) came the M1/. It`s a killer badge, and not one that is easy to run into with those markings. The RZM logo is typical, and compared to many others we find from this period, very well made :thumb:

The "spotting" or pebbling, dots, bubbles etc... have nothing to do with anything. Especially around 1934 we find everything imaginable in the way of background patterns that makers were using on their dies... If you have a look at the 1942 Croatian badge, you will see no dots, or spotting, just gravel, like Deschler used on HJ and NSDAP badges for many years, as well as others.

I agree that if a badge is not automatically recognizable as a genuine item, we must start looking deeper, at *"dots, spots" etc.. but in this case, even small 100 x 100 images would be enough to tell you that this badge is very nice, and nothing other than a 100% genuine, transitional HJ badge
:swiss

Hi Pete,

Jo has said it all already but yes, those are fine. Here's one from a different maker:

Attachments

During this period, which was not as short as most say it was, certain makers even used the N°/Nr/N prefix in their advertisements.
It`s a fascinating period that i`ve spent a great deal of time researching. It was overlooked for so long, or only mentioned as being "a brief period in time" when it actually went on for almost 2 years, and supplies some of the greatest designs, markings and creativity seen on badges, before the RZM went and standardized everything.

If you can understand this period in time, with relationship to "what we find.." and why we find it, it will greatly benifit you in the long run, and make the early years, as well as the post M1/ years easier to interpret.

Attachments

Well thanks guys ,i can tell you what this forum has rearly opend my eyes.So many diffrent types other than the yousual norm.
In the past i would have passed on items like this because of its diffrences.
Thanks again another one for the frame.Cant wait to get my head into that book Jo.
My best regards gents Pete

Back