Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Slovakian Hitler Youth members badge

Thought id throw this in the mix again, posted on the first site, according to angolia its the sudeten members badge, but this one has prongs on the back, its not the cap badge , its the dagger grip badge, the cap and dagger prong badges differ from each other due to were the prongs are soldered onto the reverse, dagger badges have the pins soldered to the centre to bend back once fitted in the grip. anyway would like to hear from our members on this item, cheers pete.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 7th June 2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: name change from Sudeten to Slovakian

Why did these members have a different shape badge? They are all part of the Reich so why be singled out? And how rare are the daggers featuring this badge?
    Nice one, by the way.

It's not strictly a Sudeten youth badge but one for the Slovakian youth.

A hard one to find, they are more often found with this split pin attachment but occasionally they turn up in stickpin form. I don't recall seeing any with maker marks.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scowen View Post
    It's not strictly a Sudeten youth badge but one for the Slovakian youth.

A hard one to find, they are more often found with this split pin attachment but occasionally they turn up in stickpin form. I don't recall seeing any with maker marks.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
    Don

There was a photo of one of these badges being worn by a BDM girl a few weeks ago on Ebay .

Deutsche Jugend Croatia membership badge

Here's another one of the Deutsche Jugend badges. Deutsche Jugend Croatia.

DJC1.jpg

thats a lovely badge you have gar, these are very hard to find

Cheers Stu. It went to a new home a year or so ago but I enjoyed having it.

garry on the pic of your D/J stick pin the enamels look sunk on the swastika was this the case in hand?

That's right Ewan. These pins were not made to the high standards we're used to on the german badges. The one I showed is stamped 'Zeugmeisterei Esseg'. Esseg was the german name for the city of Osijek in Croatia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast