M1/66 HJ membership badge and HJ deutsche Arbeiterjugend badge

Thanks Received
Hello gents.
I have two HJ membership badges. What could you say? Is all OK or not?
Many thanks.
Regards, Oleg.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would say that the HJ Diamond is a good one. i dont know about the early one.

But I am not expert, just learning like the rest of us. So more opinions are needed.

Regards

Antonio

Diomand good .first one.Well there are a few issues here but as Heran said ime no expert.
Ok the first i can see is the writing on the front.All the ones i have seen should read Arbeiter-Jugend.This one does not have the little dash.Also all the ones i have seen are all either marked by maker or by Ges Gesch .it is also questionable if they should carry an rzm marking as these were fazed out in 1932 and rzm didnt start till 34 .it may be wear but the quality is not there.
Well food for thought good hunting .Pete

Hi Pete,
one member of russian forum told me following: it is a very rare variant of the first pattern HJ badge . This variant has 15 rays on the front side, not 19 rays like most known variant. Badges without a little dash was also existed.
Here one more for example.
Best, Oleg

Attachments

Hi Pete,

The Arbeiterjugend pin lived a lot longer than that actually. More info here: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f28/potsdam-arbeiterjugend-hj-honour-badge-353/

Hi Oleg,

Here is a thread that looks into these badges in more depth. Metallwarenfabrik has studied enamel badges for years and in that thread he says that there were indeed early badges with no reverse markings. The lack of central control (RZM) led to variations so the missing dash is unlikely to be an issue.

Hi Gary .You can learn something new everyday.This seems to condem the findings in Stephen Lautens book about the RZM markings.Or would the later traditional ones be RZM marked.The ones i have seen with the RZM and Ges Guest have poor rzm markings.Best regards Pete

I don't have that book Pete so I don't know what he says but authentic Arbeiterjugend badges can be found with an RZM mark (avoid any that are marked M1/4 or M1/129 . see this post). The Arbeiterjugend badge was superceded as an outward sign of early membership by the HJ honour badge in 1934 as you know so the market for the old badge would have become smaller quite rapidly as the old guard applied for and received the new honour badge so I don't imagine that production continued for long after say, 1935/6. I can't prove that but it seems logical.

Thanks Garry .Interesting.Thanks for the heads up on the dogey ones.The book i refer to was rearly for one to examin
RZM markings.now there is one of these for sale at a dealers site called centurion militaria here in the uk.Now look at the RZM marking.The M looks so wrong.Not squat as it should be but the rest looks fine
So as i put in another post that never got an answer.The new honour badge for the HJ how many known makers were there.As to date ime up to 16

This is great information. I'm the same as Pete and didnt know that the first patter Hj membership badge stayed in service for so long. I'm new here and must say that this forum seems really good. I'm also a member of WA and you often see threads where someone says something about a an item like 'this item is definitely a fake' or that it is real, whatever but they don't seem to go that extra mile and prove it by showing documentation as happens here on hj research Okay, not everything can be proved yet but you guys are doing a great job for hj collectors

Back