Is this the worst fake EVER!

Thanks Received
If there ever was a contender - this would be it!

Actually being sold as an original -

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very possibly :)

To my knowledge, originals of this and the Kampfspiele badges have a notch at the 12 o'clock position. They also had enamel that wasn't made of blue chocolate :) Could be one of these: 40 years ago, your money would get you ....

Weitze currently has this painted version below without notch. However, in the same year the Kampfspiele badge was still enameled.

Wouldn't like to be in the market for one of these. My knowledge isn't sufficient and there seems to be too much variation. Hopefully someone with better knowledge of them will comment.

Attachments

If there ever was a contender - this would be it!

Actually being sold as an original -

Horrible ! The enamel couldn't stand the badge and it left ? Or paint ? Well , it only took me three years to start posting :h
Always knew I would make my way around to the HJ and related area of collecting so I decided early on to support the HJ forum . Great site with a load of information !! Wow ! Anyway here are a few pics of these badges I had kicking around .

Lets get to a good looking one ! I was not digging this one because the enamel was so " flat " looking but Jo reminded me that the flat look was simply the inability to buff/sand the enamel due to the design . Interesting ...

Attachments

but Jo reminded me that the flat look was simply the inability to buff/sand the enamel due to the design .
Yes Jim, it will be seen on many others with a design where you can`t polish off the remaining enamel.. so you have to be careful when enamelling, and only put just enough enamel to fill the areas. Once it comes out of the oven and sets, you are left with the final coating - which will of course have depressions, bumps and look strange around the edges.
With normal flat surface badges, you can go Ape with the enamel, and really paste it on, because the excess will be ground/polished off the face and sit flush with the badges surface.

Back