2 M1/63 badges for discussion

Thanks Received
Both of these HJ achievement badges caught my eye for a few reasons.
The first one is marked as Sold on a German dealers site(199956), the second (211963) is still up at €80.-

My problems are, that although they are more than 12,000 numbers apart, they both show the same big, horrible Die flaw, the letters HJ are partly missing !!

The next problem is that the numbers stamped, are exactly the same as the Modern fakes i showed (and bought) on this thread. (see comparison pic below, my fake M1/63 number 114452 compared to number 199956)

The next problem, in so much as it is a "problem" yet, is that on the one that sold, you can clearly see that the edges are flat, and not formed. (see this thread for further info on that)

The next problem, is the top layer of lacquer that seems to be "peeling" off at the tips, as can be observed on other "suspect" badges of this kind.

Any thoughts?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
GOOD EYE, HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT FLAW BEFORE AND THERE IS LITTLE DOUBT IF PERIOD WOULD NOT HAVE GONE OUT FOR DISTRIBUTION, AND THE MATERIAL JUDGING FROM THE EDGES IS VERY POOR AND APPEARS TO BE CRUMBLING WHATEVER IT IS. THERE REALLY SEEMS TO BE A GLUT OF VERY CONTENTIOUS PROFICIENCY BADGES LATELY

:canada1

THERE IS LITTLE DOUBT IF PERIOD WOULD NOT HAVE GONE OUT FOR DISTRIBUTION,
Well this is what i am thinking, i dont know how they recieved contracts, but i cant see over 12,000 of these being made and nobody picking up the horrible die floor on the front? Maybe each maker only recieved a list of a few numbers to make at any one time? , so theoretically it could be possible, but such a wicked die floor? on the face of the badge? apart from all the other points?

That die flaw must be a clincher. Can we imagine these leaving the factory like this? I can't anyway.

Back