HJ achievement badge in black (Leistungsabzeichen)

Thanks Received
I am a new member here and would like to share my reason for being interested in HJ items.
I have already posted a thread about my mother here.
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f45/bdm-uniform-sud-wuerttemberg-sleeve-triangle-10364/
This one is to share some information about my father. His name was Anton Boos and I have a few period photos of him in various uniforms. He was assigned to the 16th Panzer Div. The one of most interest to me is this one of him in his Panzer wrapper and visor.
His Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver as well as HJ Leistungsabzeichen in black can clearly be seen.
There are a couple of things visible in this photo that are unusual. Hope you enjoy the photo. :001_smile:
Ralph.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

As I never received my father's issued version, it was necessary for me to acquire one for display purposes.
This is the example that I chose. It is marked RZM M1/36 and I believe it is an earlier, issued piece with the number 66853 stamped on the reverse.
Ralph.

Attachments

Thank you for your contribution to the forum , please keep posting .

I like your collecting focus Ralph. Neat that you seek out items with a connection to your family history.
Thank you Darin!
The only problem is, once I have an interest in certain items, it is difficult to quit collecting different examples. :001_smile:
Ralph.

Attachments

Here is an earlier photo of my father which also shows him wearing his Leistungsabzeichen.
Ralph.

Attachments

Thank you Darin!
The Panzer wrap would be at the top of my list though. I am still trying to figure out the group that would match his arm band as I am not able to see all of the numbers. For sure it starts with a 3, then I believe a 6, but the last number is unknown.
Ralph.

Also a thank you from me for posting these Ralph. The serial number on the black HJ achievement badge corresponds to it having been issued in 1940. Nice, authentic badge too.

Thank you Garry.
I have a couple more that were issued, a couple stamped replacements and a couple that are not stamped.
Ralph.

Back