BDM Achievement Badge M1/15 with very low number "20" Silver or Bronce? Original??

Thanks Received
Hi guys!

Today i get this BDM Achievement Badge with the very low number 20.
The badge is marker marked with M1/15 and RZM.

I think this badge is a silver one, because you find rests of the silvering on the surface.
The underground is like copper or buntmetall...but please take a look on that photos.

I'm very unsure about this piece. is it a wartime piece and original? What grade, bronce or silver?
I need all your help.

I'm very sad, that the ribbon is missing.....

I'm very afraid about your help.

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

difficult.. based on the award serial number I would say bronze as I've only seen that type of numbering on the bronze award. The silver badge numbering usually looks like it was done hastily with a set of metal stamps.

Hi,

difficult.. based on the award serial number I would say bronze as I've only seen that type of numbering on the bronze award. The silver badge numbering usually looks like it was done hastily with a set of metal stamps.

Hi garry,

thanks for your reply. Yesterday in the evening the light wasn't well.
So the silver isn't so shiny.

Today i would take better pictures in the daylight.

There's a lot of a dark patina on it, maybe i'll try to clean it with a bit of soapy water?

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Hi garry,

here are some new pictures under daylight.

I've took a little bit of soapwater to clean it.
Now you can see the silvering better.

What's your opinion?

I'm very afraid to hearing from you.

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Attachments

It definitely seems to have some silver finish left so yes, I would agree with you. I also found a couple of BDM silver badges on my hard drive with that type of numbering so yes, based on the pics it's a silver with extremely low award serial number :thumb: Where did you find it?

It definitely seems to have some silver finish left so yes, I would agree with you. I also found a couple of BDM silver badges on my hard drive with that type of numbering so yes, based on the pics it's a silver with extremely low award serial number :thumb: Where did you find it?

Hi garry,
wow, that are good news and now i'm very happy. :bounce:
I've found that badge on a german militaria-forum --> Militaria Fundforum - Größtes deutschsprachiges Militaria Forum
The seller wanted only 65€ for that piece, because the ribbon is missing.
If i get a fitting ribbon i want to complete it.

My opinion is, that many collectors don't know a lot about badges abot the HJ, DJ, BDM and JM.
The most of them only collect combat awards.
So the price was so low.

Do you think it's possible to find out, who was the holder of my badge?
Have you ever seen a lower number on a BDM-Silver before?

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

We have a project HERE which you've probably seen M-H. It's the only one of its kind as far as I'm aware and we rely on Besitzzeugnisse, Leistungsbücher, Führerausweise, Dienstkarten, Bannbefehle, period magazines and publications etc to give us the information we need. Your badge isn't currently listed but who knows? In time we may find documents that will give us a name to go with it. Award serial number 20 is the lowest I've seen for a BDM silver.

As far as the award date for your badge is concerned, it seems clear that the silver level, although introduced at the same time as the bronze (1934), seems to have been awarded only in the final years of the war. We don't yet know why but we're working on that and there are some threads on the forum where this is discussed.

Anyway, congrats on your badge and I hope that you'll be able to find a ribbon for it :thumb:

Ok, thanks a lot for your help, garry!!! :clap2::thumbup:
I'm going to read the the threads on the forum where the silver grade is discussed.

Again, thanks a lot!!

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Hi guys,

now i get an original ribbon togehter with an original metalstick to complete that silver badge.
Here are some new photos, i hope you like it. :001_smile:

kind regards send you

mole-hunter

Attachments

Looks like it was always that way. Where did you find the ribbon?

Back