BDM achievement badges bronze and silver?

Thanks Received
Hi Guys
Help again please. I just got these 2 BDM achievement badges, and I'm thinking they are both bronze awards, but one has had the finish rubbed off? I wouldn't be so lucky and it was a silver award?
They are both RZM numbered on the back with B (is this meaning they are replacements)
Thanks again :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Back of the "silver" one M1/15 Ferdinand Hoffstätter, Bonn am Rhein (which I believe is a correct maker for these)

Attachments

Well that's re-assuring. Back of the Bronze. I'll do the Silver later

Attachments

Thanks John,

The bronze may be okay but the immediately noticeable problem with the silver is the "coffin" pin plate that is only known on fakes. The MM looks really bad, as if it is the result of a cast.

Thanks for taking the time to help me on these Gary. I suspected the "silver" one was a fake, as you said, coffin style pin= kiss of death.

I also picked up this one at Kassel, with a number on it, bronze, which I believe like the other bronze one with the B to be ok.

I'm not in the habit of naming and shaming, but the dealer I took it from (unseen by post as an apology for selling me another fake @ a cost of £@@ BTW not free) shafted me quite badly before this. A "well respected" one by all accounts. As you know I'm a dealer, and I try to make sure that everything on the site is pre 1945. I'd rather it be trashed here, than on the knob head forums some people frequent.

Collectors are quick to take a chunk out of a dealer, but sometimes we get caught too, and by our own kind. No honour amongst thieves :)

Attachments

Back