BDM PROFICIENCY BADGE ULTRA RARE VERSION

Thanks Received
WOW...........This is either an ultra rare version (Which it isn't) or an outright fake (which it is)

Description of the proficiency badge.......The reverse is stamped with the individual serial number 558. It is also RZM stamped followed by M1/15, indicating production by Ferdinand Hoffstätter of Bonn. Great condition!

Being sold for the princely sum of $330 on a very well known US dealers site that uses the American honourable Service Lapel Pin as it's title.... Happy Bloody Christmas collectors!!

SCANDALOUS!!!! & CRIMINAL !!!!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Okay, not seeing what you're seeing :crying: First look it seems okay?

The badge is certainly marked in the way one would expect. Here's an authentic BDM silver with the award serial 886: BDM achievement badge in silver. Number 7757

I'm missing even a trace of silver wash on the reverse of the one John shows but I don't hate what I see. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here?

Shouldn't the RZM 'Z' have a crossbar if original?

Hello, I'am fairly new to this hobby and I can´t help but thinking when you look at something, like this badge for instance, there must be quite some work behind producing a fake like that. And then you think about the price, some 300 bucks or less, is it worth it? Who would make all that trouble for such lite profit?

But when it comes to more pricey item like Waffen SS daggers or helmets I totally understand that there are fakes out there that you have to look out for. Just my thoughts :yo:

Back