Deutsche Jugendschaft Nordschleswig (DJN) achievement badge (DJN Leistungsabzeichen)

Thanks Received
My question is does anyone know how many of these were awarded?

Admin edit: the pictures were removed from that site but this is the badge in question:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

they also have a distinguished foriegners badge, and its the proper brown surround colour now if i can only find €2500 :frusty:

Hopefully Henrik will see this. As a Dane he may well have seen some original language documentation on these badges and might be able to add some numbers.

I don't know how many were awarded. But the badge is rare.

The correct name is "Deutsche Jugendschaft Nordschleswig". They were a part of the German minority in Denmark, and not a part of the Danish nazi party or organisations.

Nordschleswig

There's very little printed information on DJN, but some of their archives are held in the Danish National Archives in Aabenraa. And the German minority has their own museum in Soenderborg. So it might be possible to find some information. (Both cities Aabenraa and Soenderborg are in the southern part of Jutland/Denmark)

This photo (September 1942) shows the badge beeing worn by a young Heer soldier.

../henrik

Attachments

Thanks for the additional info Henrik. Excellent photo by the way :thumb:

Excellent piece and also picture.

There are a couple on sale both in Philipp Militaria and Weitze. The prices are really high, over 600 Euros.

Regards

Antonio

Here's another from an old thread:

Attachments

This DJN Leistungsabzeichen was sold in 2012 by Hermann-Historica.

Note that it is decribed as "Leistungsabzeichen niederländischen DJ"

Attachments

Back