Deutsches Jungvolk achievement badges with no maker mark

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
We discussed a DJ achievement badge with no RZM/maker's mark (but with award serial number) HERE and I see that there has been a thread on WA (thanks for posting a link back to here Antonio) regarding a further example of the badge but in that case both the RZM MM and award serial number are missing (see attachments below). What I'd like to explore is whether it could have been possible that a badge that was introduced on the 26th of September 1935 and awarded at the earliest in late 1936 could legitimately exist without an RZM mark and a maker. Or would we be correct in assuming that a badge with no MM must be a fake? My opinion is that we would be justified in thinking that way.

You don't have permission to view attachments.
(If the owner of the pictures is not happy to have them shown here please let me know. Thanks)

When we compare these pictures with those of Brian's badge here there are some clear differences. With the above badge I would have strong reservations about whether it is indeed a period badge.

Attachments

No opinions on this yet. Or is it just too obvious that this is a fake? There isn't even a maker's name like there was on the early HJ silver achievement badges. Nothing.

I personally would not touch it, there is no legitamite reason for the badge to have no maker marks whatsoever as this was part of the production process, they didnt make the badges and add the makers mark at a later date so no excuse for an unissued badge either,unless somebody knows different

Hi All,

Well, I am trying to learn more about the Achievement Badges.

All of the HJ ones that I have seen have the RZM Mark on them. Is that right? Funny enough in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM from 1934 (z.B. Ausgabe 26, etc) I can see ony listed that the Textil HJ Sportabzeichen was taken under RZM Control (Ausgabe 26, page 2), but when you see the list from Metallabzeichen in the same page, you see no HJ Sportabzeichen im Metall or Leistungsabzeichen.

So in theory, even the early HJ Achievements had the RZM markings, right? But they were introduced in 1934 so, why the early DJ Leistungsabzeichen had no RZM Markings, although there were regulated by the RZM?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Antonio

Cant we just make-up a story about why there`s no mm or number? Rare prototype...specimen for Hitlers approval, found at Berchtesgaden..., said to have been struck from solid alpaka, and genuinely silver-washed (with real silver!). Only possibly a few were ever made, and even less than that worn, and even more less than that surviving to this day!

The early HJ achievement badges have no RZM markings Antonio. I have an early silver that is marked with the maker's name A.D. Schwerdt (see pic). The hollow-back type is even earlier and they have no markings at all. Certainly not those that I've seen anyway.

Attachments

wow, a HJ-Research.com marked example? first time for me...must have it! where do i send cash to?

Back