Does anyone have a full set of HJ achievement badges with the miniatures and the cloth patches?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I'm looking for a photo to go into the HJ Wiki page on hj achievement badge which would ideally show all three badges plus the cloth versions and the miniatures. Can anyone help out? If there are no full sets I'd be grateful for shots of all three cloth, all three minis etc

I'm also looking for a photo of a boy in civilian clothing wearing one of the miniatures.

Hi Garry,

Is that ok for you? or better sent you the pic without Watermark?

This is an area I am also "learning" and read (especially from the HJ im Dienst book). I will be not suprised of myself if one day I decide to go for a Führerleistungsabzeichen.

Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's great Antonio. Many thanks, exactly what I was after :thumb:

These help?

Attachments

Garry, a few things with the article:

The construction seems to have moved away from hollow to solid fairly quickly as evidenced by a later (but still pre-RZM) example of the silver level from the maker AD Schwerdt here that now looks more like the later post-RZM examples.
I wouldn't call this Pre-RZM, as they were introduced well after the RZM marking system. Why they weren't in the beginning is unknown (to me) but when you write pre-RZM it will give the impression that the RZM system was not in place by this time, which is wrong. It was, and many makers were using the RZM logo on metal products by then.

No Black level badges would appear to have survived from the early period.
see image below, thats early enough :)
See here for an interesting Black badge that has been converted to a silver badge through the removal of the black finish on the obverse face.

It is interesting, but not unusual, there are even in-wear images of the black converted like this. In my opinion, the converted black is an "example" or "stufe" all on its own :) (see images) photo credit MA Vol. 21 N° 2 p.30.

Replacement badges (German: 'Zweitausfertigung' or 'B-Ausgabe') have a 'B' instead of the original award serial number.

There are also B-stücke known that have a hand engraved award number on them. See here.

Regarding wearing, there are also plenty of images of the badge being worn on the wrong breast pocket. ( i think about 8 or so images alone in the quoted MA issue above)

Attachments

Hi Jo,

Many thanks for the feedback. Don't forget, you (and all Full Members) can edit the article directly whenever you see stuff that can be improved or is missing. This isn't my wiki :thumb:

Yes, that's a fair point on the use of the term 'pre-RZM'. What I should have said is that they aren't RZM-marked so I'll change that. I'll also make the part on the non-survival of black badges clearer. What I was trying to say was that no hollow black badges seem to have survived.

I hadn't seen that black badge with the engraving before so I'll add it now.

I take your point on the photos Jo but I would prefer not to use photos/content from that MA article to be honest. The only thing I took from it was the exact reference for the Reichsbefehl that stopped achievement badge testing in 1944.

Ja, but i`ll have to give that a go first, knowing my luck i would try, and end up erasing the whole thing :h Thats something for hardcore pc-freaks, which i`m not ... lol
True about the hollow, but maybe the maker who made them, only got the go-ahead for silver versions, and bronze.... and the black were left up to another maker who made them Solid-o, just like th early A.D.S badges, they are also solid-o.. so maybe there never were any in black. The coating "rubbing" off a black back - completely, hollow or not, is one i cant agree with, even when it`s been forcefully scraped off, you can still see it was black. At the best the reverse would still be black, like even converted ones are, and a hollow back is like a tinnie, with so many crevasses that would not allow for any coating to wear off 100%, especially not a black coating imo... but there you go...

Yes the image was just to show you the converted blacks, not to use, heavens forbid, C.D would go ape... that`s all © and all that..no... heavens if you did, i would have to delete it and reprimand you....:w00t:

OK, i saw a few sp. mistakes too in a few articles, and words joined together etc, so when i have time i`ll change them, and HOPE and PRAY, that stuff dont get deleted, or added... if it does, i just hit the "Reset to previous features" button, right? :swiss

Just a quick one Jo: I assume that you've carried out forensics on your hollow-back achievement badge? Would you be happy for me to add that?
Not quite correct, on ALL of them :) in fact on most other badges i own too - well the unknown and weirdo stuff. And fakes..and awards as well...in fact anything that lands in my digits usually ends up under 40x magnification.
It`s a pretty embarrassing feeling really, because it`s all there, in color, i just never put 2 and 2 together and went looking for it. Thankfully i can do it alone, when the wifes not watching, and then i dont get so embarrassed..

The only problem are Zinc badges. If they have paint and/or varnish on them, it is easier, but if they are just plain zinc, like the M1/72 i posted this morning, it does not work so well........ the nature of zinc allows for no traces of life, and in reality, is corroding away day by day....

OK, i saw a few sp. mistakes too in a few articles, and words joined together etc, so when i have time i`ll change them, and HOPE and PRAY, that stuff dont get deleted, or added... if it does, i just hit the "Reset to previous features" button, right? :swiss

Wiki amendments are all stored in the history mate so not a problem if something goes wrong. I can just revert the error and restore the article. Thanks for your thoughts on the black badges and also for confirming that the hollows passed forensics :thumb:

Here is a pic from my own collection - the first black one is the hollow version, the rest is normal versions.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Back