Early hollow-back Hitler Youth achievement badges

Well i guess it cant hurt, the worst they can do is say :nono:
There`s quite a bit of HJ info they are sitting on too.

Here, we could get them copied, then offer re-copies on Fleabay to cover costs? lol..
Don, bear in mind we are talking about some 3000 pages at least !

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Are the party documents not held in Berlin Jo? That's who I got in touch with when I needed some copies. They didn't charge me anything as 'it was only a few sheets' so, all we need to do is gather a few thousand people, get them all to ask for a page each and we'll be sorted :biggrin1:

Are the party documents not held in Berlin Jo? That's who I got in touch with when I needed some copies. They didn't charge me anything as 'it was only a few sheets' so, all we need to do is gather a few thousand people, get them all to ask for a page each and we'll be sorted :biggrin1:
Yes, these ones are, in Lichterfeld.
Here are better pictures of the badge in post #2.

Attachments

Here are better pictures of the badge in post #1. In a few weeks i have another surprise for this thread as well.

Attachments

Two more early beauts, one i cant upload just yet, but will, it`s a black one, also very early number with no mm.
This ones in really good condition, with most of the wash still over the Messing :closedeyes:

Attachments

I found this one in a lot described as "Hj-tinnies" the price was cheap, and although its had the needle replaced at some time, its a very nice early hollow back silver example, № 658
:clap2:

Attachments

Old thread, but let us give new life :clap2:

About 1 month ago I bought this hollow-back black HJ achievement badge.

After having found this thread, I think it's time to share my new badge with you, and give my contribution to knowledge about these hollow badges.

As the other hollow-back badges. it has a low number. I also recognize the needle-catch from the other pics in former posts, which seems a little special

Let me hear your opinion. New knowledge could be available, since the last post is from oktober 2011.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

That`s cool, good find! I was only just talking about these the other day.
I wrote a long article for a collectors mag on these a few years ago. I managed to find quite a few, and find out who the maker was!
Post 27 should read: A black/Eisen version not silver. It was convereted to silver at one time. (The reverse still shows all the black paint)

The lowest number I had was number 72!

And yes, the pin, or rather catch-end of the pin is special on these early hollow ones.

Attachments

Hi Jo

You wrote:

"I wrote a long article for a collectors mag on these a few years ago. I managed to find quite a few, and find out who the maker was!"

Is this article to find on the Internet somewhere ??
Who was the maker os these badged ??
I would really like til read your article.

Michael :denmark

I am not sure If I already uploaded it here or even talked about it? It is in a collectors magazine, so can`t be read online.

The first maker of these was M1/101, Gustav Brehmer. That was to be expected anyway, as they made not only plenty of these, but also had the contract for the Gold version.
I worked that out by studying the numbers that are stamped onto the awards under the microscope, and on one particular number - N°4 - I found the identical minute tooling error on the very tip of that number on many early hollow badges, as well as the solid version with no makers marks, as well as on the full RZM marked awards by M1/101. It took a while to find "something", but at around 80x magnification, I found it!

Here are a few images of that error I used for the article. The first was just for fun, and the header for the article, a fake badge I took a blowtorch to, to get the guts out!

Attachments

Interesting thread!
My hollow badge with the Leistungsbuch. Number 341 badge and buch.

Attachments

Hi KBR,

First hollow achievement badge I've seen with the documentation :thumb: Would it be possible to see the front inside cover of the Leistungsbuch and also the page where the award serial number was entered? We have a project on the forum where we enter all badges that we find with supporting documentation and it would be great to add yours to that list.

2 new pictures :001_smile:
Silber 341 awarded 24 januar 1935 on page 27.

Attachments

Fantastic. Thanks very much. I'll get that added to the list now.

You're welcome!
He has also noted this badge in his calendar.....

Attachments

Back