Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Just going through your Mitteilungsblätter for 1934 at the moment Jo to see if there are any clues. The HJ achievement badge was introduced 5 days after the order in Ausgabe 2 1934-1 governing the control of party equipment clothing and badges/insignia so I'm hopeful that I'll find something.

    Thinking logically, the fact that the hollow-backs and the solid achievement badges (with maker but no
    RZM
    mark) both existed in this early period could mean that only the design of the badge was passed to manufacturers i.e. they weren't given specific manufacturing instructions. Seems odd though. Surely there was an approval procedure where samples were made - even at that very early stage? The other scenario of course is that the hollow-back was the first production design approved by the
    RJF
    but which was found to be unsuitable which led to a revision and the passing of a solid design to the manufacturers.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post

    Thinking logically, the fact that the hollow-backs and the solid achievement badges (with maker but no
    RZM
    mark) both existed in this early period could mean that only the design of the badge was passed to manufacturers i.e. they weren't given specific manufacturing instructions. Seems odd though. Surely there was an approval procedure where samples were made - even at that very early stage?
    Nope, check Ausgabe 12, August 15, 1934 :001_tt2: Thats the first mention of HJ-Standartmuster, so we have gained a few months now from the intro until the first mention/announcement.

    edit: And in Ausgabe 15, September 8th, they announce that these Standartmuster are now being made. So we now have a definite 4 month period where we know there were no Standartmuster..
    weeeeeeeeee, this is fun
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 19th July 2011 at 11:13 AM.

  3. #13
    Ausgabe 17, September 22, concerning HJ-BDM-DJ Badges, including as well the HJ-Sportabzeichen.. it asks Grosshändler to contact the Reichsjugendführung and inform them of the Non-conform stuff they have left, and ask for the Guide lines concerning these items, to see if there is still a possibility for them to be used / Sold.
    So there's your proof that non-conform stuff was still in circulation in September 1934. (or better phrased, that there was Non-conform stuff, like these hollow badges)
    I think that should be enough proof really ?
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 19th July 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spellink

  4. #14
    Yes, I've been noting things as I go through these. I'm up to 19/1934 so far and as you say, interesting stuff and yes, the agreement dated the 8th of September in 15 1934-1 proves, as you say, that there was clearly non-standard equipment, badges etc in circulation up to that point.

    The problem I see here, as far as finding a reference for the hollow-backs is concerned, is that the
    RJF
    was clearly able to issue contracts directly to manufacturers for certain items (see note on leader lanyards for example in 15 1934-1 8th of September 1934 and 17 1934, 22nd of Sept 1934 where the
    RJF
    takes control of cloth insignia). With that in mind I'm not sure I'm going to find anything in the Mitteilungsblätter and that the
    RJF
    is more likely to have covered the appearance and design of the achievement badge in an
    RJF
    Verordnungsblatt. What do you think?

    Clearly I'm going to continue to work my way through the
    RZM
    Mitteilungsblätter though :)

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    the
    RJF
    is more likely to have covered the appearance and design of the achievement badge in an
    RJF
    Verordnungsblatt. What do you think?
    Yes 100%, same as the
    SS
    -Beschaffungsamt would have with
    SS
    items. There will be continuous mentioning of a few items related, but would most likely direct any queries and the like to the
    RJF
    after that and not go into any big detail. All you need now, are the
    RJF
    verordnungsblätter for that period and you`ll be home and dry. Although i see no reason to question these Hollow back HJ badges anyway.

  6. #16
    Totally agree. These hollow-back badges are nice items and if I had the money I would have bought the Jamie Cross badge a long time ago. W Saris is very likely to have what I need but he doesn't like me so I guess that leaves the conventional route with the Bundesarchiv as the only other option

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Totally agree. These hollow-back badges are nice items and if I had the money I would have bought the Jamie Cross badge a long time ago. W Saris is very likely to have what I need but he doesn't like me so I guess that leaves the conventional route with the Bundesarchiv as the only other option
    The Bundesarchive in Koblenz has the complete series:
    Verordnungsblatt der Reichsjugendführung der
    NSDAP
    , 1933-1945 [
    NSD
    43/15].

    If we had any member here from there, or near there, we could all throw some money together for his time and costs in booking an appointment to go and copy the lot. It would be a massive help in all areas of the HJ.

    ps: and it`s not just you he doesn't like i somehow think that i have ended up on his unlike-list as well.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    ps: and it`s not just you he doesn't like i somehow think that i have ended up on his unlike-list as well.


    I love the idea by the way.

  9. #19

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    ... the complete series:
    Verordnungsblatt der Reichsjugendführung der
    NSDAP
    , 1933-1945 [
    NSD
    43/15].

    If we had any member here from there, or near there, we could all throw some money together for his time and costs in booking an appointment to go and copy the lot. It would be a massive help in all areas of the HJ. ...
    If you can wait so long, I don't mind using some of my summer vacation next year. I will also pay a part of the project, if someone else will do the job.

    Henrik

  10. #20

    Please login to view user info
    If you are thinking of clubbing together to raise some money to send someone, why don't you just write to the archive in Koblenz & pay them to copy the files you need? I doubt that that they will charge that much, especially if you already know the reference numbers to the files. It's the searching that takes the time & costs the money, if you already know that then it's just a case of copying the file which will cost less.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

HJ-Research, the Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum
Copyright © HJ-Research.com 2009 -
Web Hosting by Vidahost "Hosting for Life"