Ground Dug HJ Leistungsabzeichen M1/101 - Opinions please

Thanks Received
I got this piece recently and would appreciate your input. It is maker marked for M1/101 and lacks a number. As there are apparently copies of this maker around, I thought I'd best ask.
Thank you for your help.
Tom

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Impossible to say with this one Tom, in this state. I would leave it anyway as these M1/101 marked ones are not hard to find, a good numbered one will set you back no more than €50-60.-
Yes, plenty of fakes around, not just these, the most common fake would be M1/63 and M1/35

Thanks for the reply. I only paid a minute fraction of that for this one. (maybe they have these in Austria :))
Tom

Thanks for the reply. I only paid a minute fraction of that for this one. (maybe they have these in Austria :))
Tom
LOL, i`ll check next week when i`m there. No, there are good ones coming out of southern Germany, marked M1/63 & numbered as well. M1/101 is a mm that is used on many different kinds of fakes, especially these, and of course the Golden version. This one looks like it`s gone through a few digestive systems. Personally, i am not a fan of the unnumbered ones, (or any B piece either) the most common mm to find on thems without a B or number is M1/72. I only have a small collection of these, 10 or so, and all have no RZM code and low 4 digit numbers. (plus the recent 3 digit one i was lucky to grab) There are a few RZM ones i have seen that i like, all by M1/36 with an early transitional style code and low 5 digit.
This ground dug thing, well only last week i screen grabbed 2 or 3 different Fake HJ-Leistungabzeichen that had acid or something poured on them, and made to look like groud dug. I bought a few of these good fakes myself not so long back for a look see. I`ll plant them, and see what they look like in 12 months.

Be interested to see as well. Thanks for the great info as usual.
Tom

Thanks for the heads up! Rather shocking...... :-(
Tom
wait a year or so until i harvest them :) ok, the numbers a dead giveaway, but not everyone will read this thread, and i`ll auction them off on different sites :001_tongue:

Got a mini to go with my original badge. It's maker marked, but due to erosion, unreadable and partially missing.
Tom

Attachments

Back