Has anyone ever seen a copy of the BDM Leistungsbuch II?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
After the introduction of the BdM achievement badges in 1934, books were distributed to BdM members to document progress. These are noted in the orders as Leistungsbuch I and II (bronze and silver). You see the Leistungsbuch I every now and again but I've yet to see a Leistungsbuch II. I'm still flummoxed by the fact that so few of the silver badges were awarded. The highest number with supporting documentation that I have found is serial number 3849 (awarded 1944). The lowest number with supporting documentation is 121. However, the next lowest is serial number 729 and that one was awarded late too (July 1943). Very odd. The Leistungsbuch II was definitely introduced and the relevant regulations show that but where are the books? If they existed then surely one example must have survived?

Hi Garry,

Leistungsbuch I but with annotation for the silver Leistungsabzeichen Nr. 499 - 27/4/1943.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Many thanks Lauri. So Leistungsbuch I and II in the same book?

Joe, if you see this, would you be able to let us know whether your BDM achievement book contains pages for both the bronze and silver achievement badges please?

Hi Garry
I have 2 BDM Leistungsbuchs to the same girl from Untergau 2 in Stettin. I have the Leistungsbuch I and Leistungsbuch III. (Yes III).
Both books list the BDM Leistungsabzeichen in bronze # 45465 on 13.10.1938 . However in book III there is a page for the BDM leistungsabzeichen in silver but it was not awarded . Her Fuhrer Ausw # 415152 , BDM Mitgl # 2224363 and her Party Mitgl # 7850142.
I hope this may help .

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me. So just to confirm: your early Leistingsbuch I only has pages related to the bronze badge and there is no mention of the silver level and no section entitled 'Leistungsbuch II' within it? If your book looks like that it will be confirmation that there were indeed two separate books initially - even if the silver book (Leistungsbuch II) wasn't actually issued to anyone as appears to be the case as none seem to exist. It is looking more and more likely that there was a delay with the BDM silver for some, as yet unknown, reason.

In the later versions of the Leistungsbuch, the badges were combined into one book with the Jungmädel badge. When you say 'Leistungsbuch III' do you mean that you have a Leistungsbuch split into three sections I, II and III? This would correspond to the later books that contained pages for the BDM bronze, silver and the Jungmädel achievement badge. Does yours look like one of those shown at the bottom of the wiki page?

Edit: the later books combined all three badges: BdM bronze and silver and the Jungmädel badge. Here's an example:

Attachments

Back