HJ achievement badge M1/101 fake?

Thanks Received
Hello,

Are you aware of fakes of the HJ achievement badge by M1/101? If so it would be good to see some pictures.

Hallo zusammen,

Sind Euch Kopien von HJ Leistungsabzeichen vom Hersteller M1/101 bekannt ?
Wenn ja wäre es super wenn ich mal ein paar Bilder sehen könnte.
Vielen Dank.
Gruß Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, M1/101 copies of the HJ achievement badge do exist. It's always worth checking our metal insignia fakes database here (access for Full Members).

Here's the reverse of a fake taken from a dealer website (Museums- und Sammleranfertigung):

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hallo Garry,

gibt es diese nur als B Stücke oder auch als Erststücke ?
Was sagst Du zu dieser Rückseite ?
Grüße Jan.

Attachments

Not a great photo but based on what can be seen I think that's a good one Jan. Can you show the front of the badge?

Hallo,

hier die Front.
Gruß Jan

Attachments

From what can be seen it looks okay Jan but the red blob is covering a part of the badge which needs to be seen. Would you be able to get the seller to send you an uncensored picture?

Hallo Garry, hier das Stück! Bitte um Meinungen. ich persönlich halte es für originell. Gruß Jan

Attachments

Something for the future maybe? grouping all Awarded (known) numbers down on one thread for future reference like ppl do with the GPB and HJ Honor badge. Once you observe the Fake GPBs, especially the ones from Souval (known as the Latvian fake as it first appeared for sale by a guy in Latvia) you see a pattern with the numbers, where the same few numbers are repeated over and over, with only 1 number changing, ei: 66959 & 65996 then 63559 etc etc... With these ones, if you grouped say 50, or 100 together, you may also see a pattern by comparing the numbers... Here is another with a similar number: :yo:

Attachments

I think that Jo is making a general point on using serial numbers as a tool to detect badges which do not match others in the same range Jan. He's not saying that your badge is a fake.

Sorry for the delay in answering and thanks for the new pics. Based on those your badge is a good one in my opinion.

Hi Garry, yes of course, after all, M1/101, 34, 36 etc are heavily faked makers marks on many items, so it would possibly be helpful in the future..
Jan, i have no idea about the authenticity of your badge, in all my years, i have never owned one of these, or even had one in my hand, so i would not know what to say.
All i guess, is that these are not like the GPB or HJ Honor, so if a good Obverse die was made post war, an easy thing to do i guess, then it would not be possible to distinguish between good and bad with these, as with many smaller, solid one-piece items.. so grouping numbers together, may just help in the future, as Fakers have always failed miserably when it comes to the numbers, even on small badges like the Flugmeldedienst for example.. and besides, it will be an extra crutch to lean on instead of having only comparison-by-pictures to use.
If collectors started doing this kind of research decades ago, the Hobby would be much cleaner today.

Last edited:
Totally agree Jo. That would be a great companion to this thread I think. We'd have both sides covered.

Back