HJ achievement badge with S stamp

thanks for your reply.
And here`s his brothers
I wonder, are there original cupal badges of this maker?
Mike
Hi
Hi Mike
Leistuingsabzeichen were not made in this way, no awards or badges were made in this way. Cupal is really used for something else (as an electrical conductor), and not for making awards. Its a word you will hear pertaining to a multitude of Awards, and i guess you can compare it to BEVO.. people are quick to say this is Cupal, or that is a BEVO weave, but don't actually understand what they are talking about, they are just words that have been picked up on Forum travels.

Maybe you think i am joking? can you, or anyone show us an Award that is made like this? horrible cast Aluminum on a separate copper plate that has been cut out very roughly..??

We know how Leistungsabzeichen were made, and they were not a thin sheet of cast aluminum pressed onto a copper backing plate for support. I would like to see anyone Physically Remove the copper plating from real Cupal as i did with the S badge .. :biggrin1:

These S marked badges, forget the fact that the M1/101 and M1/35 all show the same die flaw, plus all the other problems mentioned, They are pretending to be late war examples, are they not? (based on the award numbers) At a time when it was no longer allowed to use Messing/copper at will, or aluminum for that matter.. (hence other badges being made in Zinc etc..) so how can anyone connect this, with the supposed time period? just the Historical aspect alone tells you to run. We also know that later period Leistungsabzeichen were also made of Zinc.. in any case, they were never a 2 piece construction, and also never Cast as these are. They are also not made using copper plates.

Hi Jo,
so Leistuingsabzeichen weren`t made from cupal. But there are exist war badges (PAB, ASA...)

Hi Jo,
so Leistuingsabzeichen weren`t made from cupal. But there are exist war badges (PAB, ASA...)
Could you show me one please, that is made in the same Fashion as these S marked badges, ie: a 2 piece PAB or ASA, top half thin cast Aluminum, stuck onto another thin sheet of copper that has been cut out roughly in the same shape as the Aluminum cast.

Could you also upload a few images of badges/awards that you consider to be Cupal, just so i know we are both talking about the same thing here... I don't mean Cupal by means of heavy electroplating, i mean Cupal as these badges are, ie: Clad, Bimetal, two pieces of identical shape diffused together. (a cast top, riding a copper surfboard)
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Jo,
I do not want to argue. I just wanted to find out are there the original cupal HJ badges or not.
Here`s cupal PAB (badge is T. Durante)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

and i think we are talking about the same material
KR Mike

Attachments

Hi Redrom, no, we are not talking about the same process. I know what you mean, and you surely see the differences? This is why you will notice, that i have not used the word Cupal in any of the posts about these badges, because they are not, they are a piece of cast Aluminum with a very thin copper plate stuck onto the back. A copper plate, that you will have seen from the thread, i could peel off the back, like a banana. With proper Cupal, like i said above, you can not just "peel" the two pieces apart.

The badge you have shown, was made in one piece. The material was a strip of fused metals, and the badge was stamped out, then the catch soldered on, then silver-washed. With the Leistungsabzeichen, they are made in two separate stages, the copper sheeting is stamped out in the same form as the cast
badge, not even exactly, as on all of them there are parts of the copper sheet that do not fit properly onto the aluminum, sometimes the copper plate is beneath the cast aluminum, and in other places it overlaps. Impossible for this to have been "stamped out" in one go. (Look at the thumbnail right.) Then both are stuck together, using a kind of glue. From the picture you can even see how the copper sheet is not "fused" on but that there is air and space between the two pieces.

The thumbnail (left) clearly shows an "impression" left once the copper has been peeled off, that tells us with 100% certainty that both pieces were made separately, and then stuck together. So its not Cupal. Maybe it would catch a few people who don't really know what Cupal is, but the process is not the same as with proper Cupal. Of course you can get the same effect when just electroplating it over and over, but the result would be the same as it is with your badge, it would not be possible for you to just separate the two pieces. The last piece of evidence i can show you, to once more prove that they were made in two separate pieces, is the following. Upon close inspection, you will note that the edges of the Copper sheet have not been filed
down, cleaned, had the "burr" taken off them. But, once the copper sheet is peeled back, you can see where the edges of the Aluminum cast have indeed been filed down/angled. And if you understand Physics, you will see that they were two badges, then stuck together. So i do know what you mean, but i am sure you will also understand now why i have never used the word Cupal when referring to these, because they are not Cupal. I don't know what to call it? a joke maybe? whatever it is, its definitely not the way that Leistungsabzeichen were made.

Attachments

An interesting S-stamped badge without the surfboard. Must be real right? after all, why would a faker put an S on it...:frusty:

Attachments

This badge is a clear fake for me (and you too I think). It has no detail and the finishing is like it was sub-contracted to housewifes..

Hi Metallwarenfabrik,

I totaly agree to your detailed and exact explanation. I should show my Leistungsabzeichen, where are the two glued layers are seen. Unfortunally my camera is not the best and I would avoid ugly pictures. In any case: congratulations to your scientific report.

This badge is a clear fake for me (and you too I think)..
Sure, just having a bit of fun.

Hi Metallwarenfabrik,

I totaly agree to your detailed and exact explanation. I should show my Leistungsabzeichen, where are the two glued layers are seen. Unfortunally my camera is not the best and I would avoid ugly pictures. In any case: congratulations to your scientific report.
Cheers :thumb:
The side view images show clearly that these were not stamped out, and then trimmed under a shearing die, nothing of the kind, you can clearly see no signs of being die stamped, but all the signs of being cast. A horrible job indeed.

Attachments

Here are my two S-marked pieces. One already was discussed here and stated as fake. This piece (181614) was bought on MFF as an original piece what really makes me cry out loud. Again my warning not to buy any items from user "Onkelz" on the MFF. If there is any doubt - you´re gonna be the one to prove it is fake.

Attachments

Hi Michael, i dont know who "Onkelz" is, and have not visited the MFF since they were hacked a few years ago, but the problem here is that everybody is selling them as genuine, from the eStands on forums, through to every Mili auction platform. Old turd-collectors are giving them the thumbs up all day long, any "research" on specific items is not wished by most, and they are more than happy to roll along with what the old turds say, SO.... for the majority of collectors, they are actually real, so i dont see how you could get your money back from anyone, all they will do, is point you to one of the many dealers who list them, or one of the many old turds who are selling them.
THX for posting btw :swiss

what i could suggest, is that you try and resell them, to some turd-collector who refuses to inform himself.. that way you`ll get your money back. LOL

Back