HJ achievement badge with S stamp

ah yes the HITLER DIARIES remember that , anyhow keep on with your thoughts I know they have many folks thinking even if they don't comment themselves

:canada1

So far we have two makers, on both, the "S" is not in the same place on any of them, meaning that it was not integrated into the die that stamped the number, rather done separately. All number are suspiciously similar.

M1/35

M1/101

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm happy to see that after so many different reasons/meanings for the "S" marked badges something is finnaly coming to a head.
As I said the first cost me nothing and the second I purchased mostly to help find out about them. That is why I stopped that second purchase from Beck.
The two I have as well as this thread will searve as good examples should they start popping up again. I did find it odd that shortly after this thread was started two suddenly appeared at one dealer and maybe others as well.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,
Rudy

Paul certainly has a point in post N°23. The number 182745 is all over the place, not something you would expect to see, even on the recent fakes the numbers are all alligned.

Last edited:
Correct. I just took a close look at that one (182745) and they are very much off. They are also smaller numbers and the #2 does not seem right.
Good eyes ... but it is ****45 not 44. ; )

Rudy

more mystery ??

found one being offered now on mili321, to add to the mystery, the number is 189999 ! i see a pattern forming here :biggrin1:

Attachments

I asked the Beck team to send me pics of the side view of their S marked badge yesterday, they said they would, no problem, still waiting :noidea: i am just dying to see what the side view looks like compared to the others i have photoed so far...

yes, the N°s look hand stamped. The S is for sure, on all of them, that's why one side of the S is deeper. I am very tempted to buy the one at mili321 at the mo, it^s only 48 €... maybe.. would be great to have one to look at properly

Well you can see what the fakes are made out of here. Cheap Tin, melts when you brush over it with a soldering flame, so, if anyone has any, don't smoke near your collection :bounce:

wow if there was any doubt before that cinches it for sure well done the old adage a pic is worth a thousand words comes true. The casting separation is proof of the base metals used and then the coating is obviously post war

:canada1

Wey-hey.. just turned up at WAF.... Note the same die flaw, the same razor sharp copper surfboard, the same horrible Cast piece of aluminum ...funny how something that is "seldom seen" starts sprouting like Fire-weed as soon as it`s discussed..... interested to see what the responses to this on WAF will be... but somehow me thinks..... they already know :lol:

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi guys,
what do you think about this one?
Bad, as i guess?

Attachments

Hi guys,
what do you think about this one?
Bad, as i guess?
Hi Redrom, there no doubt that its a fake. Here is another for sale at VG for €80.- Same copper surfboard, same die fault on the copper backing plate at 22:00 as can be observed on the M1/101 and M1/35 badges. Cast aluminum stuck on copper..

Attachments

thanks for your reply.
And here`s his brothers
I wonder, are there original cupal badges of this maker?
Mike

Attachments

Back