Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by cemifor View Post
    ... I have mailed DGO to get a copy ...
    Received a copy of the article today. Nothing new about the date of introduction. All it says is:

”Zur leiblichen Ertüchtigung der Mädelschaft wurde vermutlich im jahr 1934 durch die Reichsjugendführung das Jungmädel-leistungsabzeichen gestiftet. das genaue Datum konnte leider nicht ermittelt werden.“

"For physical exercise of the girl community, the young girl performance badge was probably founded in the year 1934 by the Reich Youth Leadership, the exact date could not be determined."

Many thanks Henrik

Yes, 1934 is often quoted as the institution date because that is the year when the BDM achievement badges were introduced and for most authors it seems perhaps logical that the JM badge would have been introduced at the same time. Wrong

Gute Arbeit Jungs

Tag des Leistungsabzeichens - Achievement Badge Day - 1941

Tag des Leistungsabzeichen am 22. Mai 1941 - Achievement Badge Day, 22 May 1941.

Scan from: Führerinnendienst - Obergau Niedersachsen 8, Number 8, May 1941, JM-edition.

Attached Images Attached Images

Still no date ...

I have just received a small 32 pages publication:

"Das Jungmädel
    Leistungs-
    Abzeichen

Die Jungmädelschaft
    Sonderausgabe für die Sommerlager
    1939."

The booklet contains the requirements for obtaining the badge

But there is no date mentioned, when the badge was introduced.

Another little bit of information ...

Klaus, Martin: Mädchenerziehung zur Zeit der faschistischen Herrschaft in Deutschland. Frankfurt am Main 1983.
    Page 168-177:

"Wollte man beispielsweise Jungmädelführerin der unteren Ebenen werden, galten ab 1939 die Regeln ... und das Jungmädelleistungsabzeichen zumindest begonnen zu haben."

"If you wanted, for example, to become a Jungmädelführerin of the lower levels, the rules were from 1939 ... that you at least had begun the training for the Jungmädel achievement badge."

Lexikon - Ort

As far as the introduction date is concerned Henrik I think we can be certain that this was in the summer/autumn of 1938 as shown by the October 1938 reference here and due to your generosity here

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    As far as the introduction date is concerned Henrik I think we can be certain that this was in the summer/autumn of 1938 as shown by the October 1938 reference here and due to your generosity here
    I think my last posts also confirms the summer/autum 1938.

I'll keep searching. The date is out there, somewhere. And I won't give up untill I find it.

Unless someone want me to do it, I won't scan more publications until there is something new.

Quote Originally Posted by cemifor View Post
    I'll keep searching. The date is out there, somewhere. And I won't give up untill I find it.
    That makes two of us :) No, please do post your sources! They allow us to see if the requirements of the test changed over time so they are extremely useful.

As you know, W Saris has a large collection of Verordnungsblätter and I asked him in 2009 whether he had anything on the introduction date but he was working on his book at the time and so nothing came of it. There is a good chance I would have thought that he may have that Verordnungsblatt and therefore an exact date.

Das Jungmädel Leistungs- Abzeichen - 1939

Well, here it is:

"Das Jungmädel
    Leistungs-
    Abzeichen

Die Jungmädelschaft
    Sonderausgabe für die Sommerlager
    1939."

Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast