Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I go back to my point in post #2 that these blank badges can only have been found at the manufacturer's location.
    I will see your 2, and raise you 5: Why are they already finished with the attachment affixed? the number is put on BEFORE any wash-coating, and before the attachment is affixed.

LOL

yes, I see my schoolboy error now Well, the badges were not sent out from the RJF like that so I guess that we are looking at the possibility that all blank badges are copies?

Well i dont know about the others, i never had an unmarked M1/34 .. but this ones ..well, the thread kinda shows what it is ...

Yes. This information plus all of the other analysis of the HJ achievement badges that you have undertaken needs to go into the wiki page. Stuff like the die-flaw on early bronze badges, the bell cross-section shape - that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Yes. This information plus all of the other analysis of the HJ achievement badges that you have undertaken needs to go into the wiki page. Stuff like the die-flaw on early bronze badges, the bell cross-section shape - that kind of thing.
    and the attachments of the hollow backs, because they are different :-)

Garry! LOL.... ok, maybe none of you knew this, but i have more than just a Wine-bar-fall-over deficit, i am color blind as well. No biggie, BUT, i was looking for pics i took of the hollow backs a long time ago, and couldnt find them, so wipped out Mr. Micro again and started to take pics of the numbers, just to back up what i said that the number swere stamped by the same "hand" on the hollow backs... anyway, wife was on her way out to work, asks what i am doing, i tell her, and add on the bit about a "Black Hollow back" and how nice it would be to have one, when she points out that i am holding one in my hands!!!

LOL, and true as Bobs your arch enemy, the hollow back 658 that i have, albeit with replaced needle bar, is a converted black badge
    Pics of all three grades in hollow back version next to each other. Even though the obverse is silver, the reverse still is, completely black, even the black is still seen on the original round pin plate under the replacem,ent !!! LOL, so there you go, question answered!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are two close-ups taken from the bottom part of the number 2 on the silver and bronze, showing the identical die flaw :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic! As you say mate - 'question answered'

I'll open the wiki page for an edit. Jo, could you add a shot like the first of those three but with the obverse faces showing please? I like the artistic third shot by the way :)

i tried to copy the link back to the three images from here, but it didnt work... i think i`ve buggered the wiki page up as well, LIKE I SAID I WOULD... ha ha ha, the icons gone green! and links wont work..

Ah yes, something I need to add to the 'how to'. If you add a link on a wiki page, you need to chop everything before /forum so this link:

PHP Code:
      http://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f24/m1-72-no-number-7326/index2.html#post51431 
    must be shortened to:

/forum/f24/m1-72-no-number-7326/index2.html#post51431

paste that and the link will work from a wiki page.

The page looks fine to me. All new edits are there and the format is correct. Where's that green icon that you see? We were trying to edit the page at the same time so you may have experienced 'save' errors due to that. I know I was :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast