Makers of Hitler Youth achievement badges?

Not a list Michael but searching through the badges in this sub-forum will show the manufacturers. A centralised list would be a good idea though.

I´m trying to find out the different manufactures also by the pieces I own. Do you know, if there is a good way to determine the level of the badge? Mostly the color is gone off, and it is a bit hard to differ between those...

Shouldn't be a problem Michael. Just upload some pictures of the badges when you have time :thumb:

As promised here are some pics of my achievement badges so far. If you could help identify which level they are, this would be highly appreciated.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

And the other pics.

Attachments

Hi Michael

The M1/35 badges with the S stamp, are badges that i would stay away from, and urge everyone else to as well. Research has been conducted on this forum about them, and i can tell you, that those, that i "took apart" are in no way original.
If you list these for sale on this forum, i will have to add a response and direct viewers to the research.

The M1/72 badge with no number, although covered in the MA articles by Clyde Davies as genuine, are anything but in my opinion. I have taken one apart as well on this forum, and did not like what i found.
The normal M1/35 marked badges, with the number on the right arrow head and no s-stamp are good. The maker was Wächtler & Lange.
The M1/34 marked badges are good, and from Karl Wurster.
The M1/101 B- marked badges are replacement badges, from Gustav Brehmer, but not that desirable.
Cheers.

Hi Michael, there is actually a mint condition one for sale at MILI321 right now, images below. I think this one was also mentioned here a while ago. I dont think you will have any luck, with anyone taking it back. They are mentioned in collectors magazines as genuine, with theories about the S meaning silver, etc etc, and as far as i know, most folk believe they are genuine, and that Cupal, is exactly what this mess is. So if you cant get your money back, just go with the flow i guess, and sooner or later someone will buy it. Not on this forum though, i doubt, but could be wrong...

Attachments

Just to give you an short update on what happened here... I wrote a message to the seller, referring to this thread and asking him to take this piece back. He suggested to ask again in MFF and WAF to see if there are other opinions to which I agreed.
After some weeks we had one negative opinion from Wim in WAF and some good, some bad in MFF, so I asked him again to take it back. This is where it became ugly. He said that I would have to prove this as a fake because he cannot rely on "some guys opinion on a piece" and take back everything. I did not agree with him, since when has the buyer to do the approval and not the seller? Arguing kept going back and forth, I told him that this is a shitty action. After some arguing again in another thread on MFF he needed a shoulder to cry out and asked an admin to close the topic.

Now I have a piece here which is not secured and I cannot sell it any more.

I suggest to stay away from buying anything from the user "onkelz" in MFF, because whenever there may be some discussion about authenticity YOU are going to be the one to prove its fake.

Sorry to hear that David. Yes, as Jo says, these have been published as genuine in the past and even the evidence Jo provided here on the forum will never be enough as long as there are people who believe that the "S" badges are real.

Hi Michael, there is actually a mint condition one for sale at MILI321 right now, images below. I think this one was also mentioned here a while ago. I dont think you will have any luck, with anyone taking it back. They are mentioned in collectors magazines as genuine, with theories about the S meaning silver, etc etc, and as far as i know, most folk believe they are genuine, and that Cupal, is exactly what this mess is. So if you cant get your money back, just go with the flow i guess, and sooner or later someone will buy it. Not on this forum though, i doubt, but could be wrong...

that cracks me up everytime a see it ! the penned in number part LOL

some crazy fool has ruined an original award packet !!!

Sorry to hear that David. Yes, as Jo says, these have been published as genuine in the past and even the evidence Jo provided here on the forum will never be enough as long as there are people who believe that the "S" badges are real.
Yes, and in the published article about these, the "The S could mean this.. or could mean that.." are considered without any regard to the actual awards themselves, their construction or their possible connection with the makers marks found on them, which as we can see form the few shown on this forum, are just screaming out loud from all angles..

Back