Miniature HJ achivement badge black M1/101 for discussion ?

Thanks Received
How would you go about saying if this one was original or not? I know that minis were not Numbered, either with the N° or a B, but are there also fakes of these known? (21,32mm x 13,44mm ~ 0,8997gr.) What do these sell for today ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I actually guffawed then. He's only out by 1000% Okay, that guy is clearly a bottom of the highest order but I always had a philosophical view of the mini HJ/DJ achievement badges. The finish on them is often quite rough so I always thought it would be nigh on impossible to tell a fake from a good one so I only ever viewed my minis as decoration for the full-size badges. Having said that I did have a perfect condition mini for my old black HJ achievement so I don't know. Good subject for a discussion :thumb:

at 300 quid a pop, worth faking :w00t: .. lol. I have no idea, this one was thrown in with the other early black numbered on i posted last week. and considering that i got the early black at a very good price, i can afford to plant this one :biggrin1:

Good discussion and both theories make sense. To me the one portraited looks good,although from the picture I cannot say if the pin was reattached or not. I've found some of these minis a couple of years ago and the pins were easy to loose. The ones I had were from a different maker and in silver : I just measured and weighted one I kept, for sake of comparison, and it's 21,54 mm - 13,64 mm for 1,5 grams.

Bump

2 years on, doesn't time fly.. I had forgotten about this actually, and just found a handful of mini Leistungsabzeichen, and a light bulb went on :001_cool:

The answer to my initial question is simple.
You actually look at the badge, in a bit more detail. Yes, that boring old Honest micro-patina rabble again.

Here is a mini, unmarked badge made of messing and silver washed. 18,8 mm. With 2 letters isolated and enlarged.
The mini in the links on this thread, that was for sale at £308.- is still available, if anyone was interested.....:yo:

Attachments

Back