Mission completed - HJ Proficiency badges (Leistungs Abzeichen)

mkholst

Thanks Received
Hi fellow collectors.

Now I got them all: normal size, 16 mm miniatures and cloths version.:001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

I believe that they all are there, because I have never seen the leaders badge in cloth version, and think that it never existed ???

I enjoy it, and hope that you do. We collectors can, if any, sing along with Queen on their song "I want it all"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Michael :denmark

Attachments

hello Mkholst, Detlev Nieman speak about a cloth version of the leader-badge but no photo in his catalog.
bertl

Great set ...But you now need the DJ Leistungs Abzeichen set also .

Hi Joecool

You got a point about the DJ-set - I am not sure, but maybe I have "completed mission" on them too, but I am not quite sure. I miss the cloth version of the black one - IF IT EXIST, I have never seen a black cloth-version. Here is my DJ-set:

Do any of you guys about a cloth-version of the black one ???

Attachments

Not quite all of them. You are missing a "converted" badge. Known, and even observed in period images, is that many HJ lads converted their black badges to create a silver version. (By scraping/sanding) all the black off the obverse.
So a full set should include a converted badge as well :swiss
It should, really, also include B-versions of all badges too - to be complete.

Hi Jo

I WILL GO FOR IT (the converted):good:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Not quite all of them. You are missing a "converted" badge. Known, and even observed in period images, is that many HJ lads converted their black badges to create a silver version. (By scraping/sanding) all the black off the obverse.
So a full set should include a converted badge as well :swiss
It should, really, also include B-versions of all badges too - to be complete."

Michael, that's a fine grouping but don't forget the other makers, I am over ten of these and still looking for other makers than what I have as yet but it's a lot of fun. Enjoy and thanks for posting those beauties, Michael

Back