Project to put together a list of recipients of the HJ, BDM, DJ and JM achievement badges

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Bertrand,

I don't collate lists for recipients of this insignia because there is no way to match a name to a surviving badge. Thanks anyway though (y)

What a crazy coincidence. The two of them certainly knew each other, as they were in the same Nachrichten unit. And then 80 years later, their consecutive badge data from completely different sources come together again here.

Attachments

:) That's cool. I need to put a bit more effort into this project actually. Been concentrating on the others for a while now but will get back to this one at some point.

Silver, No. 222 424 received by Andreas Riegardinger (b. 1924) from Übersee (Chiemgau) at WEL Königsdorf bei Wolfratshausen (Hochlandlager), October 1942.

Attachments

Thanks Garry.
I've just realised that a typo has crept in. The correct name is Rieperdinger, sorry.

Thanks Jack. I've added that correction :thumb:

Just looking at the bottom of the list and I see that the Führerinnen-Sportabzeichen des BDM (BDM Leader Sports Badge) that I listed on the HJ-Wiki page years ago remains the only evidence for one of these being awarded to a specific person. Clearly, there were at least 300 awardees but to my knowledge no physical examples have ever been seen. Would be a hugely rare badge if one ever turned up.

Back