Silver level BDM Achievement badge #7529 - question

Thanks Received
Helo all~

I picked this up about 4 or 5 years ago. It looked OK to me then but now I am not 100% sure anymore. I'd appreciate any help with this one guys.

Thanks again,
Chrys

Admin Edit: a wiki page on the BDM achievement badges was created a couple of years after this post was made. Those with a Full Member (Gold) subscription can read it here:

BDM Achievement badge

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I am no expert on these badges , however in my opinion ; it looks good to me .

there are a few variations to these badges , and they are well faked so allways hard to be 100% sure but what colour is yours have never seen a bronze badge lose as much colour as yours has

Hi guys~

Thanks for the comments. I have never really though about what color it was. I just assumed it was silver and had lost it's finish. What would lead you to believe it was once bronze?

Thanks again,
Chrys

the issue number is 7529 i think cant really make out the first 7 if that is the case then there was not that many silver issued actually for a silver you would be probably looking at three digits maximum

Hi Stuart~

This is all great information! Thank you! Just to play devils advocate here is a document for a Silver clasp with a 4 digit number, it is 2287.

What do you think?

Chrys

Attachments

very interesting it id widely thought that only aboput 1000 of these where evr awarded so your doc is very intereting would like to hear garry`s thoughts on it as he has done a bit of work on the silver bdm

The silver level is indeed a bit of a strange one. Of the originals which are around none have been seen with a serial number above 1000 as Stu says.

Chrys' award certificate looks perfectly okay on that shot (correct pattern of card etc) and with its low award number it would seem to add further weight to my theory that the silver level of the BDM achievement badge was (for reasons not yet fully unidentified) not awarded until long after its date of institution in 1934. Still looking into this.

hi gar
chris` card is numbered in the 2000`s if that many where release surely many more with these numbers would be around????

SILVER IS INDEED VERY RARE, The RZM stamp is normally assocaiated with fakes and overall is very poorly done especially for a silver issue

PAUL

I thought we had alredy established that this clasp was in bronze. It is serial numbered in the 7000's.

what i do now is that it is not a silver with such a high number, but as i stated in another post in this thread have never seen a bronze lose as much finish as yours has

cant be a silver with a number in the 7000`s this badge just does not add up:confused1:

This is an old thread but I just wanted to add that the badge in post #1 is probably okay in my opinion. When it was first shown here back in 2009 the state of play was that silver BDM badges above 1000 were likely to be fakes but research on the forum since then has uncovered authentic documentation which supports the existence of higher numbers. It's still a mystery why so few BDM girls achieved the silver level but hopefully we'll get there one day: BDM achievement badge (Full Member Gold)

Back