Some HJ achievement badges for review

Thanks Received
Ok, I have 3 here that i need confirming or denying :)

One I know is fake ( but i want someone else to say it) the other 2 I think are fine. It would have cost me a lot of money if you tell me they're all fake:sleep:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

hi john

the bronze and silver look great especially the silver:drool:, as for the blackish one its a weird one it does not look like a cast copy but the badge itself is definetly not textbook and that badge set up is iffy to say the best, i personally would pass on that one

THE BLACKISH one is a dud easy to tell with that thin clip devise as seen on the various fake pocket badge . I think called a post war souval

PAUL

Well i ain't that bad then coz thats exactly what i said :)

cheers Stu
Gone from being a fake, to a genuine TR period item removed from a Steinhauer & Lück Salesmans card ???
Quote:
HJ SPORTABZEICHEN IM BRONZE Un-maker marked mint HJ sports badge in bronze.Although this badge is not numbered as they usually are. This is a genuine TR period badge. It was removed from a Steinhauer & Lück, of Lüdenscheid's salesmans board. Hence the lack of numbers to the rear! Reasonably priced £65.-
:violin:
Link / Website, badge is on page 13.

This is also, anything but MINT ? what makes this worse, is that it has not changed hands and now popped up again being sold by someone else, it`s being sold by the same person who posted it here 2 years ago on his website...... the same person who agreed it was fake. A typical example of what direction the hobby is going today...:sad::sad:

The silver M1/63 badge above is one i would stay away from. Here is one that was up for auction as 100% Original, including a photo of the wearer. The photos have lots of glare on, and when i have time i will take photos of the fakes i have, and upload better photos of them, so you will be able to see the differences. The Double "11". in the six digit number is something to watch out for. There are series of the same numbers over and over, all showing either the exact same number, or slightly changed, but always with -11- in there somewhere.

Attachments

Last edited:
That totally sucks.... Taken off a salesman's card my ar*e...

That totally sucks.... Taken off a salesman's card my ar*e...
Well, i guess this guy has taken a leaf outta the "big boys" books, ie: as long as there is a Story behind the item, it`s OK to sell as Genuine. Contrary to what ppl may think, i dont actually police the net looking for crime and corruption, i stumbled across this when i read the "Dealer to recommend post" had a brief look and saw it, knew that i had seen it before, and wondered how it went from Bad to "removed from a period S & L salesmans board"
There might actually be a good explanation for this ?? , so maybe the poster/seller would like to add something?

Dont trust the double 1

Continuing from post N°6. I cant say for sure that the Silver badge posted in post N°1 is a fake or real, but then again, neither can you :001_smile:
And i`ll bet you that after i have buffed these fakes up with a dremel and polishing pad, taken the sharp corners off and added heavy wear, added some rim dings, dropped them a few timers, and buried them for a few months, i could list them on the net as Ground dug and they would find a new home.
Weight and dimensions are identical with originals.
*Note: The silver one here is not the same one as i pictured above in the recent auction, i did not buy that one, i bought a set of three Repros to examine them, and then bury them :thumb:

Silver version...

Attachments

Last edited:
Black version and Bronze version below.

btw, i paid €40.- for the set of three fakes. in 12 months, after i have dug them up, i will list them for sale on some obscure auction site at €40.- each and we`ll see what happens.

Attachments

Last edited:
Another set of fake numbers on these HJ M1/63 Badges is 167513. ( double "1") Pics below from Phillip Militaria, who have it up as what it is, a Rero :yo:

Attachments

... and that badge set up is iffy to say the best, i personally would pass on that one...
It`s a typical Repro catch, as seen on many generations of Copies. Newer ones are easier to spot, but keep in mind, what we are seeing now on the net, are fakes into their xxx generation, so older fakes will look better as they are much older.

Attachments

It`s a typical Repro catch, as seen on many generations of Copies. Newer ones are easier to spot, but keep in mind, what we are seeing now on the net, are fakes into their xxx generation, so older fakes will look better as they are much older.

Very true. I wish all repros looked like that one.

In 20 years, even this one will look like a "could be". btw, i "planted" my set of three repros last night :001_tt2: Now to wait a year and then celebrate Erntedankfest !!

Another set of fake numbers on these HJ M1/63 Badges is 167513. ( double "1") Pics below from Phillip Militaria, who have it up as what it is, a Rero :yo:

Same fake, with same number, being sold right now as Original, for only €70.- !
Auction link.
we need to start organizing a pinned thread in the fake section with all these fake numbers and fake-o-s

Attachments

Eagle Relics, John Brandon, don't go anywhere near them.

steiner
I had never heard of the site, or guy, and found him only by doing a search for HJ-Proficiency badges. I have PMed him about this thread, and two days later sent him an eMail concerning this. (no reply yet) It would be interesting to see what he has to say about the Morph from Known Fake in 2009, to Genuine Period removed from stock-card original in 2011.

He attends a lot of the Military Fairs in the Uk, you soon learn to hurry past his table!!! Many of his fellow dealers regard him as an idiot, personally I think he doesn't care what he sells as long as he makes a profit.

Back