Some HJ achievement badges for review

....you soon learn to hurry past his table!!! ...
There are dealers like that in Germany and the US too... same stuff on the tables... best to not hurry past though, best to stop and start chatting.. there is nothing funnier to watch than a uncomfortable dealer, realizing he has been made, and watching him babble his way out of the situation, as smoke rises from his collar and his welcome expression turns to one of Hate. Any Forum visitor will know how some people react when you call them out, or tell them what they did not want to hear.. reaction N°1 is: Insult, be rude, insult again and try and make the opponent look like an idiot, BUT, when you catch these same people, Face to Face, it`s very different. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to watch them shrink into their shells.
I hope that this dealer/user responds to this thread, but i somehow doubt it though. Fingers crossed.

I've bought from him once, some HJ straps. The deal went smooth and the item was well packaged. As always know your items before you spend your money.

As always know your items before you spend your money.
Of course, but would you not consider this as Fraudulent ? for example, you post Schulterklappen, say you know they are fake, hear ppl tell you they are fake, and agree, saying you knew so anyway.... and then two years later, you try to sell them stating that they are Original TR period items that were removed from a RZM stock card.
People are free to sell fakes as Original, they always have, most Vet stories and others are smoke and BS, But how i look at this, is that this is basic, common, garden variety FRAUD.
There are people sitting in Jail right now for fraud, for writing things they should not have.
It`s a small badge and a small amount of money ... agreed, but Fraud, is fraud, and it`s a criminal offence. It is wrong, and gives this hobby a bad name. What makes it worse, is that when you google this dealers name, you hit blog upon blog on forums when he has posted about exactly this, about not believing any old story, doing your homework, how 60-80% of everything is Fake etc etc... how dealers make up stories..and now, it seems he has been caught with his hands in the cookie jar.
Way back in the day, we were taught that stealing was stealing, no matter if it was a half cent piece of candy or a car.

It is unfortunate that in this hobby behavior like this is all too common Jo. It's difficult to for me to think of any dealer nowdays that has not sold bad items, either deliberatley or "mistakenly". It's depressing to think about and one of the reasons I don't buy many items at all anymore.

I found another two online that look suspicious. I don't want to list them on the HJ-Leistungsabzeichen Fake thread until it`s certain that other identical numbered ones are floating about. Same maker as the already listed two on the above mentioned thread.
M1/63

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

BOY THEY BOTH LOOK PLANTED AND CLEANED UP. THE BRONZE ONE IS VERY POORLY CAST AND FINISHED. MY FRIEND YOU HAVE CERTAINLY OPENED UP A CAN OF WORMS HERE. GREAT STUFF FOR DEBATE AND COMMENT PLUS I CAN FEEL EVERY ONE RUSHING TO THE ROOM IN ORDER TO VIEW THEIR SPECIMENS :confused1:

:canada1

Paul, my gut feeling is the same as yours, but without finding the same numbers online, like i just did with the Phillip Militaria fake M1/63, they sadly cant be classed as Outright fakes just yet... with a bit of luck, others with the same numbers will turn up online soon, then they can take their rightful place in the Fake HJ Thread. I`m sure this is not just a M1/63 problem, but also M1/101 as well, at the moment though, i want to stick to just these M1/63 fakes, otherwise it will get too complicated.

TRUE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING RIGHT NOW IS MEMBERS ARE BEING FULLY WARNED ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. I HAVE COPIED THE NUMBERS AND AM LOOKING AT MY CONTACTS

:canada1

I remember finding this one being advertised as a Repro somewhere sometime... so i guess it`s not just M1/63 numbered ones after all, although this one looks pretty fake just from the pics.

Attachments

Guys, are we saying that all the M1/101 are bad? I have 2 that I bought many years ago, 2003 and they seem ok however I have a silver one from about 2 years ago that on reflection looks bad, its mint condition and looks like it was made yesterday ( probably was!!! ) The other 2, one is silver the other is bronze look quite worn and period, any comments would be good.

steiner

No way, M1/101 was a known maker of these, and the higher Golden version. M1/63 was also a known maker. There are just fakes of both mm around at the moment.

. in 12 months, after i have dug them up, ......
Wonder what the badge will look like in 12 months? i planted them on the 8th, in a box of soil, with a few additives :biggrin1: just dug one up to have a look see, and here are two close up pics of the bronze one after just 2 weeks... my bury-box trick seems to be working.

Attachments

Wonder what the badge will look like in 12 months? i planted them on the 8th, in a box of soil, with a few additives :biggrin1: just dug one up to have a look see, and here are two close up pics of the bronze one after just 2 weeks... my bury-box trick seems to be working.

is it worth $250 yet Jo? i have put patina back where it belongs on antique KD that some prat thought it a good idea to clean! just gos to show its easy done!

Another set of fake numbers on these HJ M1/63 Badges is 167513. ( double "1") Pics below from Phillip Militaria, who have it up as what it is, a Rero :yo:

Just though you`d all like to know that 167513 has reared it`s fugly head(s) again. Plural because a SET is being offered. I will tell the seller just now, but want the images on this thread for future reference. As the quote above from September 2011 shows, Phillip Militaria had the same silver number, but had it up as what it is, a fake.

Why dont dealers who are going to sell HJ stuff use this forum? All that was needed here - for those who really cant see - IN AN INSTANT - that these are fakes, would be to have typed the number into the search bar!

Attachments

Excellent. Good work Jo. Are these being offered on a "usual suspect" auction/sales site?

Nope. LINK

and THESE ? SOLD... madness....

Attachments

Back