Some HJ achievement badges for review

I recently saw a DJ achievement badge like this (it might actually have been one of those two - not sure) given the thumbs up on a German forum as being a very early example. As usual, qualification of that statement was neither requested nor offered. My initial thought was: hang on, the DJ badge was introduced at the end of Sept 1935 and there was obviously a period of time where qualification and further admin took place before badges began to be issued to qualified boys. That puts the badge, not that it wasn't already, firmly into RZM territory yet these don't have any marks at all? Nah...

Jo is away until the end of the month but I don't see his post (#6) as being meant as a blanket statement. I read him as saying that the presence of two 1s in the serial number is something to add into the mix when considering the authenticity of an achievement badge.

167513 Fake for sale as genuine

Another set of fake numbers on these HJ M1/63 Badges is 167513. ( double "1") Pics below from Phillip Militaria, who have it up as what it is, a Rero :yo:

But they wont die... same number, same fake, being touted at BATTLE FLAG as genuine for only £85.-
LINK

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back