HJ Reichssportwettkampf Siegernadel tinnies collection

R.R

Thanks Received
Hi,

I'm new here and among others WWII stuff I collect HJ Reichssportwettkampf Siegernadel tinnies. I think I have a near complete sequence, only missing the 1941 and a 1943 with half oak leaves crown in better conditions (at mine the rear pin is missing).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Among them I have two 1938 and two 1943 variations...

... a 1942 in silver plastic and a 1943 in yellow plastic painted silver:

But I have some questions about these tinnies:

- Are they sport events participation badges, contributor badges or both?

- There are another variations or years I don't have in collection?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Attachments

Welcome to the H.J. forum Ricardo. I can't comment with certainty on your questions but others here with more knowledge of metal insignia will comment in time I am sure.

Welcome to the forum Ricardo. The 1937 to 1943 badges are Reichssportwettkampf winners' badges (Siegernadel). Prior to that, the event was called "Deutsches Jugendfest" but the 1935 and 1936 badges had the same function. I think that the ceramic 1934 badge is a day badge for the 1934 Deutsches Jugendfest. A day badge is mentioned in regulations dated 1.9.1934 and 22.9.1934 with the second regulation specifically mentioning that they were sold (not awarded). We know that winners' certificates were handed out at the 1934 event so perhaps there were indeed no winner badges in that year. Does anyone have any more info on that?

In 1944 a small winners' card replaced the badges:

You can read more on the Reichssportwettkampf Siegernadel here:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f25/hj-reichssportwettkampf-winners-badges-qualification-1071/

Attachments

Hi Garry,

Thank you very nice for your answer. Your link explained me much more than I found at last two years I'm researching about it.:thumbup1:

Best Regards,

Ricardo

When searching for factual information from period sources and not dealer and collector lore you have come to the right place Ricardo!

Back