Oval 1943 HJ Reichssportwettkampf winner's badge (Siegernadel)

Thanks Received
Hi,
here the rare one HJ Reichssportwettkampf Siegernadel 1943 in the oval variation. To see seldom, seldom illustrated. Much more often is the half form.
greeting atze

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

wow, I have never seen it before.

any idea why it was not so much produced? was only given to specific personalities/people?

Thanks

Regards

Antonio

I please me which it You like. The badge is a ground finding.

So now I've got such a piece, it was painted and I have the poorly applied paint as far as possible removed. Look, Comparisons are not so much, so you can actually exclude copy synonymous, right?

Regards, Falco

Attachments

I have also searched after this oval variation for a long time - an 1 month ago I got it.

VERY nice with the pic in post 1, where we can see the badge in wear :clap2:

To compare, here is pics of front and back of my new badge

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Nice badges. I prefer this shape to the the standard 1943s. There are three types of the 1943 I think...?

Hi crack

I only know 2 types - the oval in post 7 and this one:

How does the third type look ???

Attachments

Hi Jo

None of my 2 badges are magnetic - must be zink - or ???

By the way I think it is funny, that a thread from 2009 get a "new life" :clap2:

Cheers, must be zinc then. From the way they have been struck, and the lip curled up, I can see that they are quite thick, so it is not as if it were just a very thin zinc sheet.
I think that reviving an old thread is always good! Something that you don`t really see that much on other forums, as people just forget, or are not really that interested, and it is much easier to just start a new thread.
Great stuff guys. :second:

Hi crack

I only know 2 types - the oval in post 7 and this one:

How does the third type look ???

Yes, there are only two types as far as I know. Mine is the version you show and is also non-magnetic.

Thanks guys. I must have been thinking about a different badge

Another for the database

Attachments

This is the piece from post 6 ...

Attachments

OH? you bought the badge from Bertram, and removed the gold gilding and paint?

Yes, because as you can easily see the color does not belong there and was made very bad ...

Hello,

At the Reich Sports Competition in June 1943, winners with a score of at least 180 points received the so-called "bronze winner's pin" with an open oak leaf wreath. This also happened at the autumn sports competition, i.e. winners who achieved at least 180 points received the "bronze winner's pin" with an open oak leaf wreath.

In order to promote an improvement in the performance of the youth, a new winner's pin was created for the autumn sports competitions. The so-called "silver winner's pin" with a closed oak leaf wreath. This could only be obtained by those who had already received the bronze winner's pin in the Reich Sports Competition and achieved an increase in their number of points in the Autumn Sports Competition.

The official usage was actually: bronze and silver winner's pin (bronzene oder silberne Siegernadel)

You can also read about a winner's pin with an open or closed oak leaf wreath. Bronze or silver give the impression that they were designed differently in terms of colour. It is not so! In general, for all winning pins, there were only silver-colored (metal or plastic) or zinc pieces, mostly dark-colored.

A retailer on the Internet, for example, has a gold "sprayed" winner's pin from 1940 on offer = complete nonsense! The painted pieces were also painted by the participants themselves or brought about in modern times. It didn't exist in the original!

Summary:
Bronze winner's pin: Reich sports competition and autumn sports competition if you achieve at least 180 points (open oak leaf wreath)

Silver winner's pin: ONLY in the autumn sports competition if the number of points is better than the number of points obtained in the national sports competition (closed oak leaf wreath)

regards, Pele

Back