Reichssieger 1942 - Please help me understand this...

Thanks Received
Have been following this on another forum, but it fits well here.
Please help me understand what is going on here.

The following was posted on the WAF a short while ago, as you will read, for "opinions"
original WAF thread:
German Youth Champion's Badge of Honour - Reichssieger 1942 - Page 5 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Images from the WAF thread.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

As you can read, the "new user" is from Canada, and the items are given a thumbs up and declared original by none other than Gary Symonds :001_rolleyes:

Then, 2 weeks later, the identical badge appears on EMEDALS.COM, for $2000.-
Link: Auctions

Please help me, and convince me that I am wrong when I say that the WAF is being used as a shill-platform for fakes, and is controlled by dealers.
Please convince me that this horror is genuine. And please convince me that the new user "Moritz" is not Emedals.
Am I going crazy and seeing scams where there are none? Is it in my head?
Your thoughts please.

Attachments

Want to see something really funny, for only $6500.- from the same dealer...

An Early Order of the German Eagle Grand Cross with Sash by Deschler & Sohn - German Eagle Order - Third Reich National Awards - Germany - Europe

A cast piece of rubbish that size, so who cares about smaller pieces of rubbish.

The WAF thread makes no sense... A supposed new guy, from Canada, knows nothing, asks for "opinions" (that`s plural btw.) get`s one thumbs up (that`s singular btw.) from the internets greatest troll who does not know his xxxhole from his elbow when it comes to badges, and that is enough for the identical badge to appear at Emedals - also in Canada, 2 weeks later?

Help me understand what`s going on here.

Is it just me, or have others also noticed that since a few years now, things have just gotten worse and worse with the hobby?

Worse? Is that even possible? :biggrin1:

You destroyed Symonds in that thread (and others) and yet he is still there offering his "expertise"...

Yes, but it has finaly dawned on me just how much of a "no chance" any honest researcher has, when they go up againt the old squad.
Just the one simple quote from a WAF user and GCA moderator STAN, pertaining to the (extremely rare) Militätverwaltung brooch-badges: "If they are cast, then that was how they were made" has opened my eyes.
There is no winning. The older squad have no interest in "clearing anything up" or in learning proper facts.. Whatever they decide is genuine, regardless what it is or how it is made, is genuine and that`s end of story.
I made a longer post regarding the above quote on another forum, which if interested, you can read here.

There is no winning. The older squad have no interest in "clearing anything up" or in learning proper facts.. Whatever they decide is genuine, regardless what it is or how it is made, is genuine and that`s end of story.

Yes indeed and thanks for mentioning the forum mate. Previously only Gold members had access to the wiki so I have expanded access to three further user groups in the hope that more will use it and contribute to it.

Hi Jo, the reichssieger badge in post 1 is a good one though right? I would certainly have said so in any case.

Thanks again Garry for opening the wiki up to my user group. Apreciate it :clap2:

Hi Crack
No, in my opinion it is a fake, and a poorly made one at that.

Thanks Jo. Not much seems to be known about these badges which makes them open to abuse I feel. Have any studies been done on them and also the Jugendmeister badges?

Thanks Jo. Not much seems to be known about these badges which makes them open to abuse I feel. Have any studies been done on them and also the Jugendmeister badges?
Hi Crack

This is indeed the problem, fueled by the fact that none of the owners of these "so-called" high-end expensive and exceedingly rare badges have ever made any attempt to clearly inspect the items they debate about. (Clarify a controversial issue for the benifit of others) All you will ever see on online Miiltaria fora, are short one-liner replies like we have just witnessed on this thread, given on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum thread pertaining to this item.

Strangely enough I have indeed inspected two different versions of the same badge in this post, and to add even more strangeness to this, both versions -which turned out to be fakes- are owned , and were sent to me to inspect by the very same individual that has given the badge in this thread a "casual thumbs up", Mr. Gary Symonds!

As far as "how many versions of these fakes" goes, I cannot conclusively answer that question without inspecting all the different versions. And there are a few. All I could allude to here, would be the multiple known versions of many fakes of other small badges.
As an example, I will mention the complete fantasy SS-SCHUETZE badge. It first appears, to the best of my knowledge, in a 1973 catalog by WWII Ltd in the USA. What exact "version" is pictured cannot be determined as only an obverse image is shown.

What we do know, however, is that at least three different versions of this complete fantasy badge are known.
1. In tinnie form, with no markings.
2. In tinnie- form marked SS-RZM (full image available on the Wehrmacht Awards forum)
3. In solid form marked RZM M4/24

Not only the above example serves to show the mess we are in today because of a total lack of correct research, but also many others that I have referenced in a few of my publications on small badges, as well as a more recent publication exposing a fake high-end award - The TeNo Ehrenzeichen - Exposing Fake Militaria.

The problems, though, are not due to any one individual, but rather due to the mentality in the hobby of collecting Third Reich items in general, and the Salop manner in which questionable items are debated. Indeed, the very way that collectors approach this subject.

If it would be OK with this forum, I could address this very issue on another thread (I would start), pertaining to a one-off award that is being "debated" at the moment on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum. Unfortunately, once more I must add, all the reasons for this one-off items existence, the possibility that it is, or could be authentic, have ignored the basics, the fundamentals that must always been addressed first before any theories are expounded - THE ACTUAL ITEM! It is, again unfortunately, a prime example of what I have been stressing these past few years on fora and in Militaria publications, that collectors always seem to get blinded - or overwhelmed even? - by these one-off strange items (or very rare items seldom encountered) and forget to consider the actual item into their debates, going instead straight into wild personal theories.

Attachments

If it would be OK with this forum, I could address this very issue on another thread (I would start), pertaining to a one-off award that is being "debated" at the moment on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum. Unfortunately, once more I must add, all the reasons for this one-off items existence, the possibility that it is, or could be authentic, have ignored the basics, the fundamentals that must always been addressed first before any theories are expounded - THE ACTUAL ITEM! It is, again unfortunately, a prime example of what I have been stressing these past few years on fora and in Militaria publications, that collectors always seem to get blinded - or overwhelmed even? - by these one-off strange items (or very rare items seldom encountered) and forget to consider the actual item into their debates, going instead straight into wild personal theories.
No need for this "new thread" anymore, I covered this in two recent videos. Here is part II, the final part III will follow in a few weeks.

Another supposed new WAF user from Canada asking questions. This is definitely emedal-quality photos, so I would not be surprised to find this item turn up on Emedals in the next week or so.
RFS Reichsführerschule cloth insignia (Reichsführerschulabzeichen) - authentic? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

he posted it here too: RFS Reichsführerschule cloth insignia (Reichsführerschulabzeichen) - authentic?

I'm really not sure on this one. The brown cloth looks weird but I dont have enough experience with these patches.

Cool, another sodcast :biggrin1: off to watch it now

Great stuff Jo. Not unsurprisingly, no acknowledgement of your findings from runic and his like-minded dolts yet on the WAAAAAF. His sycophantic, deflecting writing style makes me want to chuck...

Great stuff Jo. Not unsurprisingly, no acknowledgement of your findings from runic and his like-minded dolts yet on the WAAAAAF. His sycophantic, deflecting writing style makes me want to chuck...
Cheers, No Runic will be Christopher Ailsby, his recent posts that followed this on a Eagle Order thread, once more praising Ailsby as the King support that, as do all his posts on the red Coburg thread that I kinda took the peas out of in the videos... And as we know, Ailsby is not here to debate with anyone, and like most bigwigs, when the thread goes South, they exit!
But not to fear, I will carry on with part three once this next video is finished, and take a few more peas!

Back