swimming awards - HJ Schwimmen Jugendländerkampf

Thanks Received
hi ,i m new to this forum , i would like to display an award collection i m thinking of buying , i ve never seen anything like this before so opinions will be greatly appreciated , mostly there awards and 2 plaques (one in glass )

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Odd that the Länderkampf does not have the actual countries names on ? going by the date 1941, it would have to be either Italy or Switzerland i guess? never seen any of those before sorry. Whats the mm on the Länderkampf ?

Odd that the Länderkampf does not have the actual countries names on ? going by the date 1941, it would have to be either Italy or Switzerland i guess? never seen any of those before sorry. Whats the mm on the Länderkampf ?
sorry i don t know makers mark , i ll have to ask tomorrow , bit elaborate to be fantasy items don t you think ? the glass engraving is described as same quality as lalique! all items for £550 , worth a go do you think ?

HI ALSO LOOKING AT THESE
and know what site you looking at

i dont like
other then armband sorry

What are the signs that these items are fake! Have you seen fakes like these before?

hmm good point , i ve searched everywhere for info --- none , the other swimming medals with the group are Dutch , so presumbly a Dutch participent !

Hello Quark666

Thanks for your response! A curios set I agree! What is interesting and I have not listed it are a string of 4/5 Printed small flags Swastika which look to me like markers for the end of a swimming race!

Regards

Ricks34

I dont see how they can be fakes. The boxed glass 2nd Prize certainly not, and apart from the missing Country on the other, which i dont really see as a Problem, the whole lot looks fine. The armband i dont know, and dont really believe that you can say 100% just from a small pic like this of it. The other swimming medals are certainly original. The price, well in todays econnomy it seems just about spot on, BUT......... that would depend what area you collect and if you intend on reselling it, as i doubt that every HJ collector would be interested in these items. They are pretty cool though.

well now looks like these are almost sold

all are on hold
lol

the set i bought

hi guys i decided to buy this swimming set after all , as usual it is better in hand than in pics , i ll pic all the items included but not the Dutch swimming medals as they have no hj affiliation (but if there are any Dutch members who could offer any info , i ll put them up )

Attachments

hj collection

as you can see there are no maker marks on the swimming plaques , the following are "nazi bunting ?possibly from the end of a swimming lane,? and a hj armband

Attachments

just great to see another one , thanks for posting that ,couldn t read the German to see if it came with a case ,brilliant to know theres more out there , cheers
No, there is no mention of a case with any of them. The price paid, plus commision etc was actually quite high, In 2005 that translated to 1000 USD for all four.

great to see another one out there, as i can t read German ,was it cased ? would love to see an example of the other one

well the plot thickens , seems like the Dutch swimming medals belonged to a girl !,could she have gone on to win a hj award ?

well the plot thickens , seems like the Dutch swimming medals belonged to a girl !,could she have gone on to win a hj award ?
Maybe the whole lot is put together, a small collection of sporting awards/Medals with a HJ armband thrown in for good luck.

Maybe the whole lot is put together, a small collection of sporting awards/Medals with a HJ armband thrown in for good luck.
anythings possible , maybe to the British squaddie it was all foriegn -- German ,i ll see how far i can go with researching it !(which due to lack of replys and the uselessness of google might not be much further ) on top of that there is now doubt whether it is a girl --- doh !

Back