1937 1938 Reichskampf Reichsberufswettkampf badges

Thanks Received
I've been offered a 1937 and 1938 tinnie, or award, not sure which. Any thoughts on these? How heavily have they been reproduced? Vaue range?

Not the best pics, but all that I currently have...

Thanks in advance!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

look good from the pics provided how much does he want for them

The price given at the "first pass" was $600 for both the 1937 and 1938 together, as a "pair."

I think I could get them for more like $400 or so.

These badges come from a small collection that I'm looking at....

Attachments

Just pick through and choose carefully, you should do alright. There's a few to avoid there, but some nice looking ones as well. It's typical with older collections like this.

There's a lot of money spread out there :eek: Yes, there are some items in there which are not good Douglas and there are others which obviously would need a closer look but there's potentially a lot of very nice items in there.

can only agree with what others have said , the seller obviously knows what he has as the asking price of $600 is about right for these badges , lots of nice stuff lots of bad fantasy items before you commit to anything get more pics.

I believe from some email corespondence that Doug has actually seen these items in person. He just does not really know HJ stuff so well, that's why he's seeking help.

Gefolgschaft is correct. I have never been an HJ collector per se, but in locating this collection, I have suddenly become very intrigued and hope to learn a lot more about HJ history and accoutrements and unifroms.

My particular concern is recognizing items that may be fake/fantasy, and in vlaue ranges. I'm mediocre in both areas.

If you decide to buy them you should go for the 1939 badge as well,
they look to be good, but you need better pics to be sure. I would
avoid the enamel ones especially the ski badges, good and bad there
be careful.
Regards
Mametz

if the guy is selling and theres stuff there you dont want im sure some memers here would like the option

I'm supposed to see the guy again tomorrow night, if I can get out of work early. Problem is, I can't put out the kind of upfront money that he is wanting for everything. I'd like to ask him if he would allow me to eStand his entire collection (seleceting a few things for myself, of course!) It will eventually end up in the hands of a dealer. Just trying to pick and choose right now.

yep there is possibly some nice stuff there, but better pics would be needed

Back