1939 reichskampf badge??? made of plastic?????

Thanks Received
I pick this up a few weeks ago as well and found it was made of plastic???? I wonder if this is real or not????>

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Cowboy, i have seen them before, but had no idea they were injection moulded. How is the HJ diamond stuck on? with glue? using heat?

The diamond looks like it was pressed on or guled on with the same black clored of the medal. I made a small scratch on the back and it has a silver shine to it.

it looks like it was press on with the same color stuff as the badge was made of.

Crazy, here is another, looks like this one is Alu or Zink.. obverse well corroded, yet reverse good, and shows signs of casting. I have no idea, but why would it be a two piece construction? In 1939 they were still using messing, bronze and brass for big pieces like this... even well into the 1940`s too, even for mundane events....but if they are alu or zink, that will explain why they are two piece, as you cant enamel on zink or alu as their melting temperatures are under that of the enamel fireing temperatures... strange.. i`m sure someone else can help you out here.

all these are zinc construction and most you will find will allways have some damage on them where the zinc has corroded,you sure yours is not zinc zs this is a very light metal

after looking at more, I think it is zink. Thanks all for the help. Clarence

Why would they glue a bronze/messing HJ Enamelled membership badge to the front of it? Surely just make the whole thing outa zinc? like the 1944 Gausieger etc big badges, then painted if need be? Seems very odd to me, dont think i know of other Zink badges that have normal messing membership badges glued onto them?

Back