3 HJ Badges for Review

Thanks Received
Zeltlager der Franken HJ 1936
Gebietsaufmarsch Gebiet Westf. 9

Hello, picked these recently, I know what the HJ Frank badge is about but not sure what the other 2 are about.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Bekenntnis der Jugend HJ Gebiet Mittelelbe Juli 1939

more pics

Attachments

Hi,

These are both Gebiet rally tinnies I would think. The Westfalen certainly is. I have a full set of Gebiet 9 Westfalen magazines for 1939 so I'll have a look through and see whether the event was reported there.

I see the following large Gebiet-level events listed for 1939 in the Gebiet 9 Westfalen magazines:

HJ/DJ/BDM Leader conference for Gebiet Westfalen held on the 26th of March in the Westfalenhalle in Dortmund. 7000 attended.

Large Whit Monday rally in Anholt on the 29th of May for all HJ, DJ and BDM in Gebiet Westfalen.

BDM/JM leader conference between the 26th and 30th of April in Bielefeld. 2000 attended.

Unfortunately there was no specific entry for a Gebietsaufmarsch in the magazines but I did notice that Google coughs out 5 dealers selling the tinnie on page 1 of the results alone. That might mean something, it might not but I'll keep looking for evidence that there was indeed such an event in Westfalen in that year.

Back