8 Hitler Youth Jugendherberge badges

Others members will be able to confirm (or deny) this,

But i think these were brought out for the RV-DJH that was held on the 14th & 15th of May 1938.

Also i`m pretty sure that it was a set of 8 designs but they were all done in different colours, as i`ve seen others for sale in the past such as an Adolf Hitler in light green & a light brown Baldur Von Schirach etc.

But you have a nice set there :thumb: .

Well, definitelly these are the 8 types of paper Tinnies. For each one, there are 4 Colours: Brown, Green, Blue and Red. So in total 32 of them.

I have already 22 of them... still looking for more :))

Regards

Antonio

Thanks for the information Antonio. If you let me know which ones you still need I will let you know if I find any of them. The 22 you have must look great in a display case. Put some photos up if you have any!

Thanks Werwolf.

Now I am going to have to get each one in all of the different colors!
What does "RV" stand for? (I am new).

Hi Brian,

As is normal i`m sure the RV stands for `Reichs Verband` (Reichs Association).
So the `RV-DJH` stands for: Reichs Verband Deutsche JugendHerberge.
Which roughly translates as = (The) Reich Association (of) German Youth Hostel(s).

Hope this helps and good luck to you and Antonio in finding the other colours :yo:
Dean

Already been nailed in the thread by Dean but here's the set of eight again being shown in a newspaper from mid-May 1938:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Text at the bottom:

"Die Sammelplaketten für den Reichsopfer- und -werbetag des Deutschen Jugendherbergswerkes am 14. und 15. Mai stellen die acht schönsten Jugendherbergen im deutschen Grenzland dar (Jugendherbergsverband)"

Attachments

I'm tempted to get this series of pressed paper badges, they are very pretty, but I have a question...

The badges with the back without definition seem a little strange to me...

Could they be a fake?

What is your opinion ??

Attachments

Greetings¡¡

I have my first 4 Jugendherberge badges and I have a question:

Does anyone identify this brand?

It looks like a D and an H

It sounds a lot to me...

Attachments

Hello
I'm going to do a showcase of tinnies, on the Hitler Youth Jugendherberge, during the week, I'll take a photo for the forum

Back