European Youth Congress - 1942

Thanks Received
Hallo meine Kameraden,

Following a bit the thread opened by Mr. Garry here:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f5...ion-piece-european-youth-congress-1942-a-565/

Allow me please to show you my new tinnie (finally arrived) from the European Youth Congress celebrated in Viena in september 1942.

There were 2 tinnies given in that congress, I will show you one and soon the other one too. I am sorry for the pictures, I dont have a better camera.

Also, I will be showing also one picture from that Congress (thanks to a Spanish newspaper) and some comments of it.

In the picture, we see the HJ walking proud at the same time. And besides, the Spanish kids, as usual with our lack of discipline:tongue_smilie:

Adding a bit more of info to the link above, that 15th of September was a really busy day in Wien for all those kids, with the Northern European reunion in the Nordic society of Wien (Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway) as well as busy day for the asociation Bulgarian-German and east European delegations like Croatia and Romania.

But later that day those Northern European countries met the Spanish and Flemish delegations.

Well... they were busy days in Wien.

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Antonio
Thank you so much for posting , I learn something new every week .

Here are both tinnies.

Collect100

Attachments

Hi Guys,

So finally, got to buy the other tinnie from this event. I will show it as soon as I receive it in 2 weeks.

My next objective for this “event” is to get some type of document of assistance or something like that, if any.

But let me tell you more things that I have found about this event. It is great to have the reading of 2 great newspaper’s archives like ABC and “La Vanguardia”. Of course, we have to take into consideration that the press was totally under the control of the Franco’s Regime.

During the 4 days of the congress, many decisions and agreements took place. A new association was founded, the European Youth Association. Under the presidency of Germany (Axmann) and Italy (Vidusoni) but the collaboration of Baldur von Schirach and Ricci. But every country will take control of one of the many commissions created. For example, Spain would have taken control of the Commission for the Family and Youth. Also, member of the Spanish Blue Division was there to support Spain in the Congress (*)

Everything was thought to build a new Europe and the political importance of the Youth all over Europe. I am sure that with that sentence, you can guess who was putting so much emphasis on the “political importance”. Yeap, von Schirach.

Von Schirach spoke about the mutual understanding of the youth in Europe within their love for their own country and culture. He also spoke about 2 goals of this new association: National pride and social justice, being the home and the youth community the main elements of youth education. (I must apologize here because it is difficult for me to translate German, Spanish and English almost at the same time).

But almost all leaders spoke about the new Europe, about how most of the European Countries are fighting about the Soviet Union and even they were expecting that sooner or later… even a matter of hours, Stalingrad will fall in German hands…

Ok meine Kameraden, more to come about the Congress… soon.

Best Regards

Antonio

(*) La Division Azul: The Blue Division. Spanish Division sent by Franco to fight in the Wehrmacht against the Soviet Union. One of the “divisionarios” once said: “Well, they came to visit us not so long ago, so we thought to pay them back their visit… with OURS”.

Blue Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Curiosity:There was back in the 50´s a Spanish general who officially visited the USA and wore his Knight Cross in the white house….. nothing to be with this topic….

Hallo my friends,

So just to show you my new piece, a tinnie from this Congress. So finally, I got the two tinnies.

Also, I added to the group the post card from that event, a pretty common one, but it is a nice addition to the group.

And now, apart from showing my things, I will add a bit more information about the last day of it.

The last night brought many interesting and important people to the Congress, many SS and a Portuguese representative too. And a bit exotic, a minister from Japan who spoke about the support and pride of 15 million of Japanese Youth!.

It was Axmann the one to close the Congress with his speech. And hours later, at night there was a ceremony in the Herderplatz (Heroes platz) with thousands of people standing there listening the speeches of von Schirach and seeing how the representatives of all the countries who took part in this Congress offered a crown full of flowers for the dead soldiers!!!

(Source: Agencia EFE)

Best Regards

Antonio

Attachments

hj

Hi try too find the stamp frome the congress i have one but i think they are in different colour tomas

Back