Fest der Jugend 1933

Thanks Received
looking for any information on this tinnie.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The day badge is a good one, the infomation I'am looking for is on the event it's self.

Hi James, i believe that there is more than one kind of youth tinnie from this period, (With the same slogan, 1. fest of the Jugend) (June 1933) I would think that it will have something to do with the fact that around this period, after the NSDAP became the only political party in Germany, the HJ became the only Youth organization in Germany as well. Possibly not just one event as such, but many in different parts of Germany.

On older threads, this seems to be the questions as wll. ► LINK ◄ Maybe some facts will come to light when others see this thread?

The "Fest der Jugend" was a Reich-wide event instituted in 1933 by Reich Minister of the Interior Wilhelm Frick to include normal schools, sports associations, Stahlhelmjugend, Bündische youth and other nationalist youth organisations (including the Hitler Youth - obviously). In 1933 it took place over the weekend of the 24th/25th of June to mark the period of the summer solstice celebration. Schools were closed on the Saturday and the central elements of the event on that day were sporting competitions. On Sunday the 25th there were hikes and rallies.

With the above in mind, these tinnies can't be seen as being exclusive to the Hitler Youth but could, of course, have been worn by many of its members.

Still looking for more info and will post as soon as I have anything more.

Back