Für des Führer's Jugend Tagungsabzeichen FAKE

Thanks Received
This tinnie I have not encountered in this configuration. I pray I am wrong about this tinnie, because it is gorgeous. My research has revealed numerous examples in magnetic sheet metal and non-magnetic sheet metal probably tin. What bothers me about this one is primarily the pin attachment. Known examples I have seen use the traditional solder using a horizontal attachment pin. Additionally, the tinnies are silver washed, but not like this silver washed example with bronze or tombak highlights over the high points of the tinnie. The grass motif is different from other examples along with other smaller details that can be seen through a loop. The head of this example shows a pointed peak I have not found on other examples Finally, the horizontal etching motif around the swastika is completely different from the examples I have compared this badge to.

Your combined expertise always opens new doors and exposes the bad ones from the good ones!
Many thanks, Dan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

There's another of these on the forum but that one has lost the shiny finish. What would interest me is the purpose of this tinnie. A quick "google" about shows that this badge can most often be found on auction sites/dealer sites and that there are no other results for the "Für des Führers Jugend" slogan.

there are other tinnies out there with very ambiguous wording which have no definite providence yet . My tinnie of type has a soldered pin reverse and appears unworn. Any other thoughts on this one :canada1

I'm not saying that they are all fake Paul. Just interested in the purpose of this tinnie.

Great suggestion Garry. I will look what more can be found about the its history. I have had this particular tinnie in and out of my collection for decades, and did research on the web for other examples. The design of the badge still concerns me. I looked for evidence the badge may have had an attachment pin replacement as Paul suggested and could not find any old solder underneath this vertical strip.

Here is a set of close up PICs. As for its purpose, I don't know and it is undated.

Attachments

Another tinnie which can be found even more often is the Potsdam (1933) tinnie.
But of that one we all have seen several pictures in wear on this forum.
How about this tinnie? If it is quite common, wouldnt we see it worn more often then?

Denken ist Privileg des Führers

Same attachment on this one for sale at M321.. a few at M321 right now from €20.- odd up to €30.- odd.
Roll me in scented pastry and bake me at 185° if i know what,where,who or wieso. I do smell fish, but not sure where it`s coming from. (maybe from me..being baked)

Still a long road ahead in answering many questions me thinks.

Attachments

What Polish person would do such a ghastly thing Paul. Show me this man now and i`ll have words with him!
No, no link.. maybe someone else?

HJ Für des Führer's Jugend Tagungsabzeichen

I have come up empty on what this badge is all about. Looking at it objectively, it appears to me to be a propaganda badge. Sunshine, tents, HJ flag, etc. I did find another variation of this badge on Weitze's site for 65 Euros. Looks like those horizontal pins could pop right off as well.

Admin Edit: pic added

Attachments

Duff link there Dan...

On 321 there are also "other" versions, vertical pins, horrorzontal pins, shiny pins... fishy pins, smelly pins.. pins galore!!
Could be the scarce HJ Alte Tent-Guard badge, believed to be a myth...until now?

Attachments

Duff link, indeed Jo. It worked before I submitted it. The example is the same as your first example above Paul's thread. Pins galore for sure. There are two variations of the badge design. Never been up to anything quite like this. I went through the North American dealers and didn't find a one! There are two identical obverse except for the grass above the signature line and below it where the HJ emblem is. Ho hum. :w00t:

Yes, the medal pin attachment is inappropriate for a tinnie but for me the overriding questions are: what was this badge commemorating, what was it for?

Back