Thanks Received
Hi all,

I am going to talk a bit about a couple of Tinnies belonging to the Gebiet 20, Württemberg, Obergebiet Süd.

Both Tinnies have great design. The first one is quite original and the other is a clear copy of a more famous one.

The first one is a Tinnie about a meeting held on the 6th and the 7th of October in Hohenstaufen, just 55,2 Kilometres east of Stuttgart. Please note that the month of October is written in “old German”, Gilbhart. The area is also known as Schwaben. The name Hohenstaufen may sound really familiar to you, especially those who knows about the SS. The 9th SS Panzerdivision was named also Hohenstaufen.

Just in case, if you want to learn a bit more about that particular division, I put below a link to Wikipedia.
9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bann number is 123, Hohenstaufen and in 1933 it was part of another 9 Bänne to make the Gebiet 20, Württemberg.

The price could go from 40 Euros up.

Now, it is time to talk about the other Tinnie, Calw 1936. The design is almost the same as the Tinnie from Nürnberg 1934. I attach also a picture of it. This one belongs to the member RMR and you can find it in Display Number 5, in the link below. The details in Nürnberg 1934 have more quality as the one Calw 1936

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f27/hj-tinnies-day-badges-database-21/

So this Tinnie, Calw 1936, regards a sport event which took place for the Bann 126 in 1936. This city was located around 44 Kilometres west from Stuttgart, already in the Black Forest area.

Reading the first 2 words: Bann Junge (Jungbann?), maybe relates to the meeting of “only” DJ members (?).

Back in 1936, there were now 13 Bänne including this one, Schwarzwald. So, as you can see, in 2 years there were 3 more Bänne.

Well, hope you like them.

Any more information about the Tinnies will be more than appreciate it. Also, if you have more Tinnies from this Gebiet, or even the same ones, please do not hesitate to post picture of them.

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very...very nice Antonio!! :first: I wouldn't mind these two in my collection... thanks for the history too, cheers, Hansi :thumb:

Thank you guys for your kind words.

I really love that. Apart from having the Tinnie, just investigate more over them.

I will put more info about other Tinnies soon

Best Regards

Antonio

Back